Thread: Endian firewall

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Endian firewall

Hi!

I am using Endian firewall in order to connect two LANs but I am getting many problems and I don't know how to solve them since there is no much information about this software on the internet. Do yuo know good webpage about this powerful program?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro

Re: Endian firewall

Thanks but I have already tried them and they are not very helpful since few people read the topics

Beans

Sorry if I can't help you, but I was also an user of Endian firewall and I quit using it due to several issues and problems that where pretty annoying.

I replace it with Ubuntu LTS 8.04 server and a combination of Shorewall firewall, squid, postfix and Webmin.

Works like a charm and it's fully documented.

Beans
    Distro

My purpose is to connect two LANs so that hosts can connect between them using a VPN tunnel even if they are in different LANs. Can I do it with Ubuntu LTS 8.04 server and a combination of Shorewall firewall, squid, postfix and Webmin?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

i tried endian, but it fell short on its promises. i decided the best option for me was vyatta. huge learning curve but i have learned so much more going that route.

untangle is easy to set up and administer, but is a resource hog.
    pfsense is fairly easy to setup, but almost offers too much, and the broken packages are a pain

if all you need is routing/firewall/vpn/squid+squidguard/ids/etc, check out vyatta. if you are looking for a whole UTM, check out untangle if you have the horsepower