Hey all. I've tried looking around but I can't figure out what's going on here. I used uShare before and it worked without a hitch! I followed these instructions here to the T. However, I recently did a reinstallation of 9.10 and followed the exact same instructions, and now I can't get uShare to come up on my PS3 (I haven't changed any settings on the PS3 or network since then, just reinstalled Ubuntu).
Side note. Using I get lo, eth0 (my ethernet connection) and eth2 (which is my wifi card).
Here are the contents of my config file:
Does anything seem to come to mind to anyone?
# Edit this file with 'dpkg-reconfigure ushare'
# Configuration file for uShare
# uShare UPnP Friendly Name (default is 'uShare').
# Interface to listen to (default is eth0).
# Ex : USHARE_IFACE=eth1
# Port to listen to (default is random from IANA Dynamic Ports range)
# Ex : USHARE_PORT=49200
# Port to listen for Telnet connections
# Ex : USHARE_TELNET_PORT=1337
# Directories to be shared (space or CSV list).
# Ex: USHARE_DIR=/dir1,/dir2
# Use to override what happens when iconv fails to parse a file name.
# The default uShare behaviour is to not add the entry in the media list
# This option overrides that behaviour and adds the non-iconv'ed string into
# the media list, with the assumption that the renderer will be able to
# handle it. Devices like Noxon 2 have no problem with strings being passed
# as is. (Umlauts for all!)
# Options are TRUE/YES/1 for override and anything else for default behaviour
# Enable Web interface (yes/no)
# Enable Telnet control interface (yes/no)
# Use XboX 360 compatibility mode (yes/no)
# Use DLNA profile (yes/no)
# This is needed for PlayStation3 to work (among other devices)
Forgot to mention that I'm executing uShare using:
gksu /etc/init.d/ushare reload