Thread: 8.10 update(not upgrade) ask for 9.10 disc

Beans

Exclamation 8.10 update(not upgrade) ask for 9.10 disc

When I started up my ubuntu 8.10 laptop today, there was a bunch of updates. So I clicked install updates, put in my pass as usually, and during the process, it asked me to insert a 9.10 disc!! I click "UPDATED" not "UPGRADE". Why is it asking me for a 9.10 disc? I dont want to upgrade I only want to update my 8.10 version. It wont update now, and why if it needs some files cant it just get them from the repository?

Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: 8.10 update(not upgrade) ask for 9.10 disc

I imagine you have installed google chrome browser at some time, which for some weird reason also calls for a large number of dependencies, including postfix, noted in the error you show. There have been a few comments about a postfix update problem in the last fewdays, and I wonder if this is something to do with your problem. I don't really know how to solve it, unfortunately, but you may wish to search postfix problems to see if that helps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Post Re: 8.10 update(not upgrade) ask for 9.10 disc

Not sure but it could be that you have the CD option set in "Software Sources"

Go to System>Administration>Software Sources on the "Ubuntu Software" tab see if the CD option is ticked/checked. If it is remove it and try again.

Hope this helps.