Thread: Lexmark X5650 won't print

Beans

Lexmark X5650 won't print (SOLVED)

Ubuntu "sees" the printer, sends test pages to the printer, but no printed paper appears. The print queue says the jobs are complete but nothing ever prints. I tried installing the Linux driver from Lexmark, no dice there either. What am I missing?
    Last edited by jennifermq; February 16th, 2010 at 04:22 PM.

Beans

Re: Lexmark X5650 won't print

According to this:http://www.openprinting.org/show_pri...exmark-X5650es

It won't work in Linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by jennifermq View Post
    Ubuntu "sees" the printer, sends test pages to the printer, but no printed paper appears. The print queue says the jobs are complete but nothing ever prints. I tried installing the Linux driver from Lexmark, no dice there either. What am I missing?
    Not good news.

http://openprinting.org/show_printer...exmark-X5650es

http://openprinting.org/printer_list.cgi

Beans

Well hell, back to Target it goes then. Knew I should have got the cheapie $30 printer, it likely would be up and running by now

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Well hell, back to Target it goes then. Knew I should have got the cheapie $30 printer, it likely would be up and running by now
    Hewlett Packard are one of the best supported. Lexmark are one of the the worst

Just got one for GF.

HP C4680, works a treat.

Again though, check the open printing database or the manufacturers website.
    Last edited by philinux; February 16th, 2010 at 04:41 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Don't buy Lexmark junk. I had an all in one Lexmark printer that I got a great deal on. Never got it working in Linux. I had the same problem that you are describing. I gave it to my parents, and it only lasted them a few months and then it died.

Lexmark is junk.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Lexmark X5650 won't print (SOLVED)

I'm having a similar problem. I've had my printer for a few months before I installed Ubuntu, so I will not be replacing it. That said, I probably will go with an HP next time, especially when I see them on sale and less than the price of replacement ink.

This person was able to get the x5650 running on Debian 64-bit. Something is different about Ubuntu 64 though. I've also read that some have gotten it working on 32 bit Ubuntu. The driver is located here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Beans

After building a 2nd 9.10 server I ran into the same error, tried shutting down and restarting without any luck.

Finally went into CUPS and after the job failed I tried the RESTART button for the job and it started printing and has been working ever since.

Don't know why it happend on this server build it didn't on the first one or when I built a Desktop.

Beans

i am having the same problem with the lexmark x5650 said the print was done but no print