Thread: GPS and Gimp Painter Help

Beans

GPS and Gimp Painter Help

Let me start off by saying I have absolutely NO experience in Linux whatsoever. I've been a Mac user most of my life, and recently decided to use Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit on my new desktop computer. I'm also an artist, and mainly use Gimp with Gimp Paint Studio and Gimp Painter added.

I'd like to do this on Ubuntu, but I have no clue how to add GPS and Gimp Painter to Gimp in Ubuntu. I've never used terminal before, and wouldn't have a clue what to do. Can anyone help me out?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Angry Re: GPS and Gimp Painter Help

I'm new to Linux too. An I have also installed 9.10 64-bit on my computer.
    I have found this:
    http://www.webupd8.org/2009/05/gim-p...mized-for.html
    an instruction how to install GPS (GIMP Paint Studio).
    But...
    Let's start from the beginning. I downloaded GPS and as instruction said open: /home/username/.gimp-2.6 ...but wait...there's no file or folder called .gimp-2.6.
    Well ok maybe it is somewhere else so I found something similar in /usr/share/gimp/2.0
    There are brushes pallets and patterns (and a few other) folders inside it. I tried to paste GPS brushes into the Brushes folder, but of course I couldn't because I'm not a root user. So I learned how to change my root password and login as root user. Then I successfully pasted GPS brushes into the Brushes, patterns into the Patterns and pallets into the Pallets folder. When I open up the Gimp I had new brushes patterns and pallets inside.

The problem started when I realized I don't have tool-options folder and files: sessionrc, toolrc. I searched File System for them but couldn't find them. So my GIMP doesn't have all the GPS features which is very lacking because I got used to them and they are very useful.
    I tried reinstalling GIMP but that didn't help.
    Can somebody help?
    Where GIMP stores presents?
    Maybe I overlook something? I am very new to Ubuntu.

@Railgun If you have /home/username/.gimp-2.6 I think you won't have much problems just follow the instruction above.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: GPS and Gimp Painter Help

I've got in now!
    Folder /home/username/.gimp-2.6 is sometimes hidden so go to the view, check show hidden files and there it is. Then just follow this instruction
    http://www.webupd8.org/2009/05/gim-p...mized-for.html
    and GPS will be installed.
    I haven't tried installing Gimp Painter.