Thread: More stuff for Maryland Donations

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

More stuff for Maryland Donations

Before I throw this stuff up on Craigslist/Freecycle*, I know there's a fledgling Linux computer donation project run around here from time to time.

I have 4 ATX cases, most with some sort of optical drive and at least 3 with power supplies. Does anyone want to see if they can pair them with motherboards and hard drives?

(I have motherboards but they're all unreliable, unstable things worth only for the stuff you can harvest from them.)

I'm also buried in
    10/100 network cards
    PC-133 RAM (128/256 sadly).
    USB cabling
    Various internal and external parts (hard disk mounting brackets, case fans, jumper wiring, IDE/SCSI cables)
    An ATi R300 series card (AGP, free drivers out of the box, compiz capable)

It might just be time to recycle some of the stuff, honestly--I just don't like to toss working equipment.

I know John Hofstetter wants my last piece of DDR, it's got your name on it, John.

* I don't wish to donate my computer equipment so someone can run Windows. That's just no longer interesting for some reason.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Re: More stuff for Maryland Donations

If I can jump on the bandwagon. I have a 500 Mhz iMac G3 which I was unsuccesful in throwing ubuntu on. It is a little slow with 128 MB. I could get ubuntu server but the GUI is funky.

If anyone wants to play around with this and put it to good use let me know.

Free
    My ubuntu system: For right now - Lenovo Ideapad S-10 2 with Ubuntu Netbook Remix ver. 9.10

"Life life for the love, or stop "

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I might try to give the G3 a shot.

Might be nice to do any software testing on PPC. Then again I might have to throw another GNU/Linux distro on it.

Pretty much all of my hardware went to John Hofstetter. He'll put it to good use.