Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Karmic crashes due to Ati drviers???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Karmic crashes due to Ati drviers???

So the latest info is:
    Crashes remain on ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10, I'm thinking it must be somehow related to ati fglrx drivers, but I can't be sure of anything really cause until now I haven't found anything completely like my situation.
    To mention these crashes occur anywhere from 2-3 times a week to 2-3 times a day!!!
    So I don't really know how can I be so specific with my situation.

So right now I've turned off compiz and all the extra visual effects, purged all fglrx drivers so I think right now I'm not running any of them.
    Is there a way I can't find out what drivers am I using at the moment if any?

Is there somewhere else I could report this problem?
    Anyone thinks I should post some log files or something?
    Hardware: HP6735s (laptop), AMD Turion x2 2.0 ghz, 2Gib RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3200, 15.4 lcd 1280x800, Intel High Definition Audio...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

It seems I have resolved my crash problems, I'm just not quite sure what was the solution with all the changes I did last few weeks.

After I was crash-free for a few days with all the effects removed, I figured the problem was in compiz or in some fglrx-compiz relation.

So what I did was remove compiz (sudo apt-get remove compiz), and I used Envy to install my drivers, also at the moment I'm using Normal desktop effects instead of Extra witch I used before. All in all, so far without a crash with, compiz, awn, emerald running.

One question remains, since I removed compiz, I didn't reinstall it but when I look it up in synaptic I find several compiz variations : Compiz-core with all the packages and Compiz. So my question would be,

What is te differance between the two?
    Is it possible that I had them both installed and that it was the cause for all the crashes?

All in all I'm hoping that this is my final post on the topic ,and if I don't post anything in a week or two consider this problem solved.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Struki; March 3rd, 2010 at 01:50 PM.
    Hardware: HP6735s (laptop), AMD Turion x2 2.0 ghz, 2Gib RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3200, 15.4 lcd 1280x800, Intel High Definition Audio...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

F**** it! Crash remains, this is a total ubuntu fail!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

To update, it's kinda embarisng, I figured out the crashes, they happened because of a stuck ventilation duct, so the cpu was overheating, especially when using flash etc. So this is solved. All ubuntu versions are now stable on my hp6735s!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12