Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Howto: Configuring Touchpad

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Howto: Configuring Touchpad

had a friend buy the same model today. Apparently its just the way this touchpad is "wired", as it performs the same in Windows 7. Even in Windows Almighty, there is no way to take it to a single finger operation.

still a great laptop, just something I'll have to get used to
    "Despite millions of dollars of research, Death continues to be Americas number one killer."

Kingdom Computer Solutions

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I've adjusted my touchpad toggle script to work with any touchpad as long as it is recognized as a touchpad but I'm not going to place this in the guide so it doesn't get too big.

PHP Code:
    # toggle any touchpad on/off
    SYNSTATE=$(xinput list | grep -i touchpad grep -'"[^"]*"' xargs xinput list-props grep Enabled grep -Eo '.$')
    if [ 
    $SYNSTATE ]; then xinput list | grep -i touchpad grep -'"[^"]*"' xargs -I nero xinput set-int-prop nero "Device Enabled" 8 1
    else xinput list | grep -i touchpad grep -'"[^"]*"' xargs -I nero xinput set-int-prop nero "Device Enabled" 8 0fi 
    You can replace the 3 "touchpad" 's with anything that you want to toggle from your xinput list then just place it in /usr/bin and make a shortcut key for it if you want or just run it from the run application prompt.

Beans

See my reply at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1509049. GSynaptics is the answer!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hello everyone
    i`m have a strange problem , my Alps touchpad is detected as PS2 generic mouse but it works fine for me except that the up scroll works as the down scroll , they both scroll the page down , how can i fix that ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

bump

Beans

Exclamation Re: Howto: Configuring Touchpad

As of

Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS

2.6.32-31-generic #61-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 8 18:25:51 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

the xinput disable trick posted here no longer works for my IBM Ultranav Keyboard. Touchpad can longer be disabled.

What happened at 10.04.2 that changed how the touchpad is loaded?

Does it work in 10.10, 11.04? Is either of 10.10 or 11.04 back to the HAL xml tables?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12