Thread: Games for my system

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Smile Games for my system

Guyz, I am looking for some SHOOTING games like splinter cell, max payne,...(but not them) which supports for my system(laptop)..
    pls give some name and the links as well as how to install the particular games..thanx..

Ubuntu 9.10
    3GB RAM
    Mobile intel 965G gaphic chipset with 358MB.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Games for my system

You could try UrbanTerror, it's Quake with some Counter-Strike additions, you'll get addicted to it pretty fast. The installation process is really easy, all you need to do is download the .zip, and unzip-it somewhere, give the appropriate file running permissions, and you're ready to go.
    Akos Veres (Puck)
    http://puck.in - Music, Social, Linux and ME!
    For real-time help visit #ubuntu-beginners on irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: Games for my system

Quote Originally Posted by Puck7 View Post
    You could try UrbanTerror, it's Quake with some Counter-Strike additions, you'll get addicted to it pretty fast. The installation process is really easy, all you need to do is download the .zip, and unzip-it somewhere, give the appropriate file running permissions, and you're ready to go.
    OK thanx....I will try..

Beans
    Distro

Hey guyz, isnt there anything more interesting???

Beans

Hiya Eranga,

I too have been looking for 3D shooters for Linux, and I have to say I've been a little disappointed.

For multiplayer, Linux is a fantastic platform I'm sure, but there don't seem to be a lot of single player offerings. Understandable, really.

My advice is to get a hold of Wine and try to run some Windows games under Linux.

Aside from that, I've heard good things about the Penumbra series, which is a survival/horror game in the style of Condemned.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Danspanner View Post
    Hiya Eranga,

I too have been looking for 3D shooters for Linux, and I have to say I've been a little disappointed.

For multiplayer, Linux is a fantastic platform I'm sure, but there don't seem to be a lot of single player offerings. Understandable, really.

My advice is to get a hold of Wine and try to run some Windows games under Linux.

Aside from that, I've heard good things about the Penumbra series, which is a survival/horror game in the style of Condemned.
    Does the multiylplayer means online games??Cant we play as single player??

Beans

Yes, exactly.

Lots of online games, not enough single player.

I for one prefer single player, mostly because of my internet connection.

Beans
    Distro

Yes, exactly.

Lots of online games, not enough single player.

I for one prefer single player, mostly because of my internet connection.
    Me tooooo...I am also limited to 1000MB per month...Should change to unlimited package soon....Will WineHQ work fine with windows games..What do you recommend me to use???

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I agree. I also would like to see more single player FPS games ported to linux.
    You probably already know this, but for the benefit of those who may not:
    Doom3, Quake4, and Prey can be installed and run natively in linux without using Wine.

If you don't mind paying for retail games, http://linuxgamepublishing.com/ produces a lot of single player games for linux. Some of those are shooter games.
    I have played Penumbra Overture. It is a cool game that has an interesting story. You can get demos for the Penumbra series games here:
    http://www.penumbragame.com/demo.php
    Registered Linux User #422464 http://linuxcounter.net/
    Use the search engine that respects your privacy rights: https://startpage.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

hey your system is similar to mine, but you have 1GB more ram. If you want to play Linux welll.... Urban Terror is a good choice, and Counter-Strike. Counter-Strike 1.6 and Condition Zero(Single player campaign) both work perfect with Wine on Ubuntu. Both with steam or without steam.

Just adding this for random readers. If you have a better hardware and want to play a MMORPG I strongly recommend you Guild Wars!!! It works perfect on Wine, I played it for a long time and didn't have any bugs. You have to buy it but unlike most MMORPG's you don't need to pay monthly fees so it's good. For example I havent played it for nearly 200 days but I can install it and continue playing if I want.