Re: mondoarchive backup error
I do not use 8.10 system but 8.04 LTS systems. I find that it works well to an external USB hard drive. It does not seem to work to CDRWs on my systems, so I load to the USB HD in iso's of the correct size to burn to CDRW at my leisure. The problem seems related to the burning of CDRW's and seems to be related to Xubuntu some how. One of my systems worked until the system was updated by the update manager. Other systems (SCSI based) have never worked reliably and that includes xfburn, brasero and gnomebaker. The latter is more reliable but the compare routines fail, eventhough the burn software says OK. Even just recovering the files using afio fails whereas the I can always recover data from the USB HD using afio.
I do not see where the cost comes from as mondoarchive is free.
And the $50-$70 I spend once may prove to be a good investment.
Also where did you get the mondo and mindi from, the Ubuntu repositries or from the Mondorescue.org site. I ask because the ones in the Ubuntu repositries are out of date and the naming structures is such that the update manager tries to update to the Ubuntu versions. The FAQs have a fix for this problem.
The errors in your first posting are related to the swap file UUID, again answers are available on the Mondorescue site.
I had to fix the same problem on a couple of systems whereas others are OK. It seems to be related to the Debian (Ubuntu) base install. If you cannot find the answers, I should be able to post here once I find the information.
What did you change to get the 2nd set of errors.
Various PC's as servers running Xubuntu 12.04LTS and now 14.04LTS. latest 14:04.3, and other running Xubuntu as desktops