Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Guayadeque Music Player

Beans

Re: Guayadeque Music Player

Quote Originally Posted by moore.bryan View Post
    No Lucid love in the PPA?
    Soon I am sure...Anon would be grateful for help on this if anyone can.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nothingspecial View Post
    I agree ...... in part, however I kind of think it helps in someways.

My grandfather was a surveyor.

He used to go around in crazy clothes with a "ZZTop beard", long grey hair and a crazily painted old Rolls Royce. (He was very good at his job btw)

I asked him once why he liked to look like that. He said, people don`t remember blokes (guys) in suits. When someone who has used me before or has seen me and knows what I do, needs a surveyor, they`re more likely to say

-What about the one with the crazy car and the long hair - than

-what about the one in the boring suit

Worked for him
    Nothingpecial, great story about your grandfather...I would love to meet him and pick his brain on a few things...

After all we have read and all that has been posted at OMG! on the name subject, I am still unclear as to how to pronounce it. G-Que is very easy to recall and to tell others about, of course if you cannot pronounce it you have to come up with something...My point is this, Amarok, Exaile, Winamp Songbird all have emphasis as a brand that worked in their titles. I agree it does not matter what the name is if you have a superior product, but I am really concerned with the amount of people who have flat out rejected trying G-Que because of the name. I know this is a very idiotic reason, but it is real...

What is the solution? I do not know...But I do know that anonbeat loves the name Guayadeque and since we are so global, a name is just as important in one place as in another. Branding is important, it ties into marketing in so many ways...I want more than anything for anyone on a linux box to give G-Que a ride to see it's many qualities, but I really do not know how many people will give Guayadeque a chance when they see it in the software center or in Synaptic... In all the time I have been collecting MP3 files (14 years), I have never heard of Media Monkey or Foobar... I AM SURE THAT I HAVE, but I never associated either as an mp3 player. It just does not make sense to me that either is remotely connected to music.. But I have heard so much about their features compared to G-Que and how great they are, I wonder how I could have missed them...

I just hope Guayadeque does not fall into that category...I also hope others will join in on this discussion and bring their views to the table..

I know a certain Uncle who will be with us as soon as he reads my long blog of hot air masses 8)
    Last edited by VastOne; March 2nd, 2010 at 07:09 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by moore.bryan View Post
    No Lucid love in the PPA?
    I asked about this in the testing thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by anonbeat View Post
    It will be available soon
    Last edited by Uncle Spellbinder; March 2nd, 2010 at 04:46 PM.
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by VastOne View Post
    Soon I am sure...Anon would be grateful for help on this if anyone can.
    If only I had the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spellbinder View Post
    I asked about this in the testing thread.....
    Excellent! Thanks for the info...
    Asus EeePC 1005HA: ElementaryOS Luna | Asus X501A: Windows 8.1 & Ubuntu GNOME 14.10 Utopic Unicorn | Apple iMac G4: Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin | LG Optimus F3: Stock v7 | Nexus 10 Cyanogenmod 11

Beans

With less than 4 hours to go Mrmotinjo Icon # 12 has a 3 vote lead over his other icon # 11.

Polling stops at Midnight tonight CST

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I installed Guayadeque 2 weeks ago and I am loving it! I have over 120,000 songs in my collection and it handles them nicely. I have a Dell Precision 870 with 4 Intel Xeon processors and just 2 GB RAM and I am humming baby.
    Not a developer or anything such, just a Linux user who converted from Microsoft a couple years back. I used Exaile, Amarok, Rhythmbox and this one is the best by far. the ease of use and simplicity, yet the speed and subtle bells and whistles make this bad boy one nice player.
    Granted I am not into all these bells and whistles the younger cats are into, (all I want to do is play and catalog my music nicely) with your IPods and podcasts and such, but overall it is awesome. I have found my Gnome music player at last.
    Pokey Styles
    RumShop Research, Inc.

Never argue with and idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you on experience!

Beans

Poll results are now final with Mrmotijo's the clear winner

Icon 1 by dichtbijzee <1% (5 votes)
    Icon 2 by dichtbijzee <1% (3 votes)
    Icon 3 by hojgaard 3% (56 votes)
    Icon 4 by hojgaard 5% (83 votes)
    Icon 5 by hojgaard 4% (67 votes)
    Icon 6 by hojgaard 5% (87 votes)
    Icon 7 by hojgaard 11% (189 votes)
    Icon 8 by DanRabbit 5% (94 votes)
    Icon 9 by Islington 11% (201 votes)
    Icon 10 by MaXeR 1% (24 votes)
    Icon 11 by Mrmotinjo 25% (441 votes)
    Icon 12 by Mrmotinjo 25% (444 votes)
    Icon 13 by Rotave 5% (85 votes)

Thank you to all of the artists!

Thanks to all who voted and participated

Thanks go to OMG! for hosting the poll and the great work they did

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I messed up the settings in Guayadeque.
    How can I have it reinstalled with all the default settings?

I need a fresh start.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Ric_NYC; March 6th, 2010 at 05:00 PM.

Beans
    Distro

If you really want a fully clean slate for Guayadeque, I just delete the .guayadeque folder in my home directory and start Guayadeque. All settings are as if it's a clean, fresh install. You'll lose your library settings as well, so you'll need to start from scratch.

Further support questions should be in the "testing thread". The ink is in my sig.
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spellbinder View Post
    If you really want a fully clean slate for Guayadeque, I just delete the .guayadeque folder in my home directory and start Guayadeque. All settings are as if it's a clean, fresh install. You'll lose your library settings as well, so you'll need to start from scratch.

Further support questions should be in the "testing thread". The ink is in my sig.
    Thanks. I'll do that.

Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast