Thread: Baghira in Karmic?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Baghira in Karmic?

I've used Kubuntu Karmic before, and liked Bespin. However, whoever it was that is famed for calling it the Baghira for KDE 4 was verily mistaken. It's nice, but it's no Mac-duplicate. Anyway, I'm currently using a Mac4Lin-customized (almost perfectly, I must admit) Ubuntu Karmic, GNOME, obviously. I was wondering if it is possible to install the outdated KDE 3 alongside my GNOME so I can implement Baghira and have a Mac-like experience no matter which I feel like using. Yes, it's outdated, but I have no trouble with that since it still works on the current OS. Is it possible and will it work like I want it to?

Beans
    Distro

Cool Re: Baghira in Karmic?

Ahh, I'm so glad all the people in the forum are so helpful.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Baghira in Karmic?

I would like to know the answer to this myself. How can I get Baghira to work in Kubuntu / KDE4?

Beans
    Distro

Wink Re: Baghira in Karmic?

Well, then! Bumpity-bump!

Beans
    Distro

Talking Re: Baghira in Karmic?

Quote Originally Posted by Saito Chikara View Post
    I would like to know the answer to this myself. How can I get Baghira to work in Kubuntu / KDE4?
    Baghira won't work in KDE4, and the writer dropped the style and is now working on Bespin (which is also might fine, if you ask me). My question is of the possibility of installing KDE3 on Jaunty/Karmic (I'm currently using GNOME), so Baghira can be implemented alongside my beautiful Mac4Lin.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

A quick google search yielded this nice ppa. It looks like you have to add it then install the kubuntu-meta-kde3 package to install kde3 (or install manually if you know what you're doing).
    Ubuntu user #20092 || I can't sing.

Beans
    Distro

Talking Re: Baghira in Karmic?

Quote Originally Posted by koleoptero View Post
    A quick google search yielded this nice ppa. It looks like you have to add it then install the kubuntu-meta-kde3 package to install kde3 (or install manually if you know what you're doing).
    Wonderful! All the Google searches I tried were outdated. Thanks, I'll back up my system and give it a shot!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by clicker4721 View Post
    Wonderful! All the Google searches I tried were outdated. Thanks, I'll back up my system and give it a shot!
    Tell us how it goes
    Ubuntu user #20092 || I can't sing.