Thread: abcde is giving me a headache

Beans

abcde is giving me a headache

I've been trying to rip a large number of CDs using abcde, which seemed to be a pretty good program. It worked perfectly for the first 5 CDs and then started encoding everything as .wav, which I do not want. I've been using the command line "abcde -N -a read,encode,tag -o mp3 -x" and have lame installed on my computer. Does anyone have any idea why abcde is doing this?

Beans

Re: abcde is giving me a headache

Or perhaps a different ripper or command line that might work better? Please?

Beans

I think the problem might be related to the fact that it insists on resuming a previous job in which I forgot to specify that I wanted mp3, and the songs were automatically ripped as wav. I canceled this one about half way through, and now every time I go to rip a CD it says "attempting to resume..." Could that have somethign to do with it? And, if so, can I fix it? Would uninstalling abcde and reinstalling it again be a good idea?

Beans

Never mind. I fixed it.

Beans

you should try fghi and j man thats migraine city...and i think the least said about klmn and o...the better.

- Dan

Beans

Hi laviniaclare,

I see you have fixed your issue but can I suggest a better way to create mp3s with abcde? Rather than issue commands straight from a commandline as you have done simply place a configuration file as $HOME/.abcde.conf and then you will simply have to run the command abcde to get the whole process accomplished automagically. One such configuration file for ripping and mp3 transcoding can be seen here.

All the best,

Andrew
    You think that's air you're breathing now?