Thread: HP Mini 1001tu wireless connection problem using Ubuntu 9.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

HP Mini 1001tu wireless connection problem using Ubuntu 9.10

I successfully did a dual boot on a HP Mini 1001TU netbook. However, the wireless doesn't connect. Over the internet, someone had a similar problem with his Dell notebook using a Karmic and said that Karmic has a bug that doesn't install the "Broadcom STA wireless Driver" and recommended a prerequisite wired internet connection then the following command line:

sudo apt-get update
    sudo-get -reinstall install bcmwl-kernel-source

followed by a reboot which solves the problem.

I would like to try this out but the netbook only accepts a USB -router connection but my router doesn't have a USB port.

Does anyone know I can solve this problem? Thanking you in anticipation of.

Beans

Re: HP Mini 1001tu wireless connection problem using Ubuntu 9.10

I have spent the whole night trying to fix the same problem , only possible fixes (iv'e tried the above, and variations from forums that don't work, get error messages) look like these, which i haven't tried yet.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/23...-1000-wireless
    http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php
    these look pretty tedious and involved however.
    please let me know if you get anywhere, it is really dissappointing to not have wireless on the hp mini 1001 tu, i don't reaaly want to put xp back on it, that is just tedious with defrag +antivirus.

Beans

I forgot to mention , i do have usb modem intrernet connection, also tried with bootable usb as a software source, rediculous.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by badaveil View Post
    I successfully did a dual boot on a HP Mini 1001TU netbook. However, the wireless doesn't connect. Over the internet, someone had a similar problem with his Dell notebook using a Karmic and said that Karmic has a bug that doesn't install the "Broadcom STA wireless Driver" and recommended a prerequisite wired internet connection then the following command line:

sudo apt-get update
    sudo-get -reinstall install bcmwl-kernel-source

followed by a reboot which solves the problem.

I would like to try this out but the netbook only accepts a USB -router connection but my router doesn't have a USB port.

Does anyone know I can solve this problem? Thanking you in anticipation of.
    If you have a "live" cd ( installation?) you should be able to get the file you want in a similar manner to this posting--although it was referencing 9.10

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...42#post8123042