Thread: SB Live ca0106 chipset to old???

Beans

Question SB Live ca0106 chipset to old???

Hey all,
    So I've got a SoundBlaster Live 24 bit and my 8.04.3 can't see the card. I've gone through the routine of trying to compile a driver for it to no avail. I recall 2 years ago when I installed ubuntu I had sound issues and now the thread is 'unreachable'. I'm done screwing around with this; what is a decent sound card I can just plug in and it works???

TIA,
    Barrie

GOTTIT! I found this post.
    Last edited by Barriehie; January 30th, 2010 at 07:30 AM. Reason: SOLVED
    Debian Stable
    FluxBox
    Mark Your Thread Solved

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: SB Live ca0106 chipset to old???

Quote Originally Posted by Barriehie View Post
    Hey all,
    So I've got a SoundBlaster Live 24 bit and my 8.04.3 can't see the card. I've gone through the routine of trying to compile a driver for it to no avail. I recall 2 years ago when I installed ubuntu I had sound issues and now the thread is 'unreachable'. I'm done screwing around with this; what is a decent sound card I can just plug in and it works???

TIA,
    Barrie

GOTTIT! I found this post.
    Um it should work. The SB Live 24bit as far as I know is supported. Is it a third part SB card like how BestBuy sells their in house brand Rocketfish SB card? Some of the third party cards lack support.

Beans

Re: SB Live ca0106 chipset to old???

sports.car.guy - I was to lazy to go buy another one so I kept digging in the forums. I got it to work now, albeit the hours into it are worth more than the card! 8)

Barrie
    Debian Stable
    FluxBox
    Mark Your Thread Solved