Thread: Mounts not showing up in places.

Beans

Question Mounts not showing up in places.

Hello,

I was using the ubuntu live cd and just installed it to disk. When I was in the live environment all of the disk mounts I had set up showed up under "Places" in nautilus and had nice little eject buttons next to them. Now that I've installed all of the mounts are working correctly but they don't show up under "Places". I thought it was a nice touch and it would be convenient to be able to unmount things the way that I could in the live environment. Does anybody know how I can get this to work?

Also, after installing there was nothing on my desktop. I added a launcher for my home directory but by default it just had that ugly spring icon. I realize that I can select the icon, but is there any way to have it integrated with the icon theme? So that the icon will always just be whatever it is in nautilus?

Thanks a bunch!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Mounts not showing up in places.

I can help with the second part. In the applications menu go to system tools the click configuration editor. on the left hand side click apps. Then scroll down till you see nautilus. And then click desktop and in the right hand page check the box's that you want icons for on your desktop.
    ..... don't ask.... i was board....lol

Beans

Thanks, that did the trick for the desktop icons! I couldn't find a System Tools submenu though (I just ran gconf-config). All I had under Applications was Accessories, Games, Graphics, Internet, Office, and Sound & Video. Is that unusual or was I looking in the wrong place?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

oh. ops i forgot that i had to add that one in. if you want to do that then right click the applications menu and click edit menus and you can add whatever you want to it.
    ..... don't ask.... i was board....lol