Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some, but not all media keys not working on thinkpad r61i

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Some, but not all media keys not working on thinkpad r61i

The fault is definitely not with Amarok because I can assign the media control keys to KWin actions and run into the same behavour.

I'm tempted just to knock it all on the head because I have discovered that Amarok 2 is still completely broken as far as media devices are concerned, so my upgrade is still a downgrade and I might as well go back to v1.4.

Thanks very much for your help

Beans

Amarok 2 doesn't work with later iPod models (iPhone, iPod Touch), but as far as I know it should work as long as the device is properly detected as a media device. Some cheapo media players are detected as normal usb storage, while further others are detected as non-specific "usb devices" (iPhones, iPod Touches).

In the case of misdetected players, the "correct" solution is to add an udev rule to reclassify it. In the case of devices that you need to mount using fuse (iPhones, iPod Touches), there is no solution as of yet because of missing functionality in Solid. Here's to hoping for 4.5.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I've got a generic mass storage device, but I see absolutely nothing in Amarok 2 to do with dealing with it: no settings, no panel, no nothing. This no matter whether I start off with the device mounted or unmounted. Obviously I can still enable it as a "collection", but that leaves me with no way to transfer podcasts, which means that I will have to hope any podcasts I want to listen to have human-friendly filenames so I can find them in Dolphin or Midnight Commander. That's pretty sucky.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12