Thread: "Wired Network Disconnected" even though none ever existed?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

"Wired Network Disconnected" even though none ever existed?

Hello everyone,

A strange thing started happening recently. Just today the notification system keeps telling me that the wired network is disconnected even though I am not, nor have been plugged into a wired network for months. I am on a wireless network and it even though there is no ethernet cord attached to become disconnected it keeps popping up one time after another nonstop telling me that it is disconnected. Along with this, the wireless network keeps disconnecting and reconnecting whenever this happens automatically without any notifications that it is doing so. It cannot be the connection itself as no one else in my house is having the same problem (one of whom also uses Ubuntu). I have no idea what could be going wrong since I have not messed with any settings or anything of that kind recently.

Thanks to all in advance
    Toshiba Satellite A205 Notebook: 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD (1TB ext), 32 bit 1.67GHz Intel Centrino Core 2 Duo, Intel Chipset

Ubuntu Karmic Koala 9.10 Dual Boot With Windows Vista SP1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: "Wired Network Disconnected" even though none ever existed?

Actually scratch that. After posting I had an epiphany. I thought it may fix things if I erased connection data for the single wired network that I had listed under connections (right click the signal strength icon on the panel and click edit connections). This seemed to do the trick. If there are any other problems I will post on them.
    Toshiba Satellite A205 Notebook: 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD (1TB ext), 32 bit 1.67GHz Intel Centrino Core 2 Duo, Intel Chipset

Ubuntu Karmic Koala 9.10 Dual Boot With Windows Vista SP1