Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Alright, that's it Ati, I'm sick of you.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Alright, that's it Ati, I'm sick of you.

Quote Originally Posted by SmittyJensen View Post
    in wine there's bugs everywhere, and if you dont have a bug yet you will (mainly if using the dev version), and then what you actually get is a program running on something that it isnt intended to be running on. thats when you start running into all kinds of little issues (things that take away from the experience).

then you finally realize, what the hell am i doing and go install windows.
    Actually, you get a game you like playing on a platform you like using, assuming all goes well.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ihermit View Post
    Actually, you get a game you like playing on a platform you like using, assuming all goes well.
    ok buddy, you keep using wine then.

Beans

I personally have had nothing but good experiences with the proprietary nvidia drivers in linux. The card I would recommend would be an nvidia Geforece 9800GTX if you can lay your hands on one.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by rajeev1204 View Post
    Its not really that relevant that you troubleshooted ATI for 5 years ,5 years ago ,both nvidia and ATI on linux were cr*p.
    I didn't say that I troubleshot ATI 5 years ago; I said I've been doing it for 5 years. I do admit that it has been off and on, but I always try to check out the latest updates.

Iam an Nvdia /ATI user, did you know Nvidia had that black window bugand other issues which was never fixed for years? The coin has 2 sides.
    I know nvidia has bugs, too. Tearing has been another big one. But nvidia's bugs have generally been a lot less annoying and a lot easier to workaround than ATI's bugs.

Anyways,my reply was not directly aimed at you, you know the story, many threads here which talk too much FUD about ATI,and my experience hasbeen totally different with them.
    So i post good things about it and bash people who dont.
    I am glad that you have had a good experience. But for the people who have had a lot of headaches, sometimes it's good to look into other options.

Hey, if it works well for what you want to play, why not? Dual booting is too much of a pain to do it unnecessarily.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Hidden!

Speak for yourself, you actually got maple running, which I am still yet to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by llawwehttam View Post
    I personally have had nothing but good experiences with the proprietary nvidia drivers in linux. The card I would recommend would be an nvidia Geforece 9800GTX if you can lay your hands on one.
    Cool, anything in particular you use it for?
    Wine Games?
    Native Games?
    or just regular 2D desktop effects?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    Hey, if it works well for what you want to play, why not? Dual booting is too much of a pain to do it unnecessarily.
    That's what I'm saying!
    I'm currently using dwm right now which is very minimal, and I have separate workspaces for different activities and one is devoted to games. If I get bored, pause what I'm doing, switch in and fire something up. That beats stopping what I'm doing, rebooting the computer, booting into a different OS, play a game for an hour, then go back into Linux. Plus it saves space!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567