Thread: this scares me

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

this scares me

Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: this scares me

Haha... I like how the comments on that page quickly turn from "Awesome job by the law enforcement" to "ITS OBAMAZ FAULT!!ONE"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Meh. It hardly matters considering this:
    http://rss.msnbc.msn.com/id/32659970...science-space/

Beans
    Distro

What unsettles me is the insinuation in the article and the assumption in a number of the replies that the (obviously unbalanced) man is a muslim and therefore a terrorist.
    Michael

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Andromeda? That's three billion years into the future. I think it's o.k. to be a little concerned about the here and now, about living out our lives in peace.

Carlee, if you are really concerned for your safety and for your loved ones, enroll in some self defense classes--krav maga and wing chun kung fu are great--and get yourself a pepper spray and keep it with you, on your keychain or something. If you have loved ones you are worried about, get them involved with a proactive approach to protection.

This was one man alone. He was stopped with pepper spray. It's a little known fact that if you are closer than the end of the barrel of a rifle or shotgun, it's relatively easy to take control of that weapon. Be the tiger; turn the situation around. You are more powerful than you think you are.

Lastly, you could do what I did. I moved to a city with a large Muslim population, and I learned about them. It made me less afraid, because I know the average Muslim is not out to kill me. In your case, I think you won't have to move. L.A. is very international.

The second largest population of Somalis in the U.S. lives here in Columbus. We've produced a couple of terrorists, one confirmed and one believed to be, and still I'm not concerned too much: I've noticed they do not tend to blow up their own backyards, and the neighborhood I live in has a high percentage of Africans. (lol...)
    Last edited by Wandering Ronin; January 26th, 2010 at 02:43 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by audiomick View Post
    What unsettles me is the insinuation in the article and the assumption in a number of the replies that the (obviously unbalanced) man is a muslim and therefore a terrorist.
    Correct!! The average Muslim wants to simply live his life in peace.

And I do think this man was in need of psychological help, in a very serious way.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by audiomick View Post
    Yeh that is the sort of political correctness that led to the death of 13 soldiers at Fort Hood. I have more of a problem with allowing political correctness to stop people from calling it how it is. Plus the article said he had a traditional muslim head dress in his hotel room.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityCat View Post
    Plus the article said he had a traditional muslim head dress in his hotel room.
    So did about half of the student population when I was at Uni.
    Michael

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Closed for review. Thread closed.
    Last edited by overdrank; January 26th, 2010 at 11:58 AM.