Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tried out a friends iPhone and found it wasn't very intuitive and has quite the lag

Beans
    Hidden!

Lightbulb Tried out a friends iPhone and found it wasn't very intuitive and has quite the lag

Severely disappointed in all the hype about the iPhone, I found it isn't even wroth considering.

Sorry Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by 今幸福 View Post
    Keep in mind this is not scientific analysis based on empirical validation but a personal perspective from a new user who does not have breadth or depth of smart phone usage.
    Last edited by HappinessNow; January 23rd, 2010 at 09:37 AM.
    "Mind what you have learned. Save you it can." ~ Yoda

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Tried out a friends iPhone and found it wasn't very intuitive and has quite the l

Nice evidence you got there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Tried out a friends iPhone and found it wasn't very intuitive and has quite the l

What sort of lag do you mean? I've found the interface to always be very quick and smooth.
    Posting code? Use the [code] or [php] tags.
    I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by xuCGC002 View Post
    Nice evidence you got there.
    evidence? for the judge or the jury? I don't quite understand your post?

Quote Originally Posted by 今幸福 View Post
    Keep in mind this is not scientific analysis based on empirical validation but a personal perspective from a new user who does not have breadth or depth of smart phone usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by schauerlich View Post
    What sort of lag do you mean? I've found the interface to always be very quick and smooth.
    over all general lag, mainly from one application to another.

Perhaps it will improve over time?
    Last edited by HappinessNow; January 23rd, 2010 at 09:37 AM.
    "Mind what you have learned. Save you it can." ~ Yoda

Beans

iPhone is proprietary anyway. I'd get the Nexus One unlocked, and use it on my mother's AT&T plan.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by k64 View Post
    iPhone is proprietary anyway. I'd get the Nexus One unlocked, and use it on my mother's AT&T plan.
    Or something... ELSE.

Beans
    Hidden!

I love my iphone, it's great and I don't experience lag at all. Who cares if it's proprietary, it's a great phone and does its job well.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Not quite sure what you mean by lag there, mine is very quick, were you using the 3GS or one of the older models?

I don't think I could go without mine now, and since it's from New Zealand, it's unlocked so I can pick any carrier I like, which is cool.

As for the intuitiveness of it, fair enough, I like the interface personally, but there are areas for improvement.

pwnst*r is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!

Not sure what's going on with your "buddy's" iPhone, but no lag here either. And it's not intuitive? Well, my friend, you're going to have a lot of issues with other smartphones then.

Nice try though!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Most iPhones only lag when they're jailbroken and using a bunch of system processes with background programs.

The iPhone is a very useful tool that I use everyday. It helps me do a bunch of things that I always wished I could do, but then again everyone has their own opinions.
    Football, Coffee, and Ubuntu...The three wonders of life

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast