Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: HP Mini 210 touchpad right click not working

Beans

Re: HP Mini 210 touchpad right click not working

I got good functionality with 11.10 by following the instructions in the Background section of http://www.mdl4.com/2011/07/fix-your...-ubuntu-11-04/

Attached is an altered patch file that will work on the new synaptics. If you are running 11.04 the one on the link above will probably work, but I didn't test.

This made the right click work and the slide scroll. No dragging, but that wasn't as big of a deal for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

After reading the bug-report I found a PPA with a patched xserver-xorg-input-synaptics package.
    The PPA is located over at https://launchpad.net/~sergio91pt/+a...tics+clickpads .

To install:
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sergio91pt/synaptics+clickpads sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    in case of any problems, try removing the orld xserver-xorg-input-synaptics with apt-get remove, and try the procedure above again.

What's working in this version:
    *edge-scrolling
    *click-and-drag

What's not working:
    *two-finger-scroll
    *touchpad on/off in top-left corner (only on some HP models)

Hope this was helpful.

Beans

I am pretty upset.
    I do not often get upset in Linux as its free and if it does not work I just find a distro that did work.

I had heard ubuntu 11.10 had some new features with ubuntu one.
    I had been running 11.04 Xubuntu and got the track pad to work fine using this page http://www.mdl4.com/2011/07/fix-your...1-04/#more-929

With some fear I upgraded hoping the mouse issue would be easy to fix as in the past.

But when I use the software center it will not allow for the deb file to be installed like wise I had to install a package manager and it would not install it either. They say that the file is newer.

I tired to do it via the console with the commands listed it says this

sudo echo options psmouse proto=exps > /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.modprobe
    bash: /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.modprobe: Permission denied

Why I have no idea. Why can ubuntu as a company not just sell driver for the HP Mini 210 there are about a million of them out there? They have the software center and I would be willing to pay something just not to have to go through this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by jwp1 View Post
    I am pretty upset.
    I do not often get upset in Linux as its free and if it does not work I just find a distro that did work.

I had heard ubuntu 11.10 had some new features with ubuntu one.
    I had been running 11.04 Xubuntu and got the track pad to work fine using this page http://www.mdl4.com/2011/07/fix-your...1-04/#more-929

With some fear I upgraded hoping the mouse issue would be easy to fix as in the past.

But when I use the software center it will not allow for the deb file to be installed like wise I had to install a package manager and it would not install it either. They say that the file is newer.

I tired to do it via the console with the commands listed it says this

sudo echo options psmouse proto=exps > /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.modprobe
    bash: /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.modprobe: Permission denied

Why I have no idea. Why can ubuntu as a company not just sell driver for the HP Mini 210 there are about a million of them out there? They have the software center and I would be willing to pay something just not to have to go through this.
    So I really urge you to not run commands if you don't understand whats going on, even at a basic level.

Code:
    sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.modprobe
    Then add

Code:
    options psmouse proto=exps
    Then save it
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans
    Hidden!

In case anyone is interested (I know some people had success) I have applied the same patch as I posted in #224 of this thread, to the default kernel in 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot). This is working perfectly for me on the 64bit version. Follow the instructions as in post #224 swapping out the new kernel version for each command.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tomkear2006 View Post
    In case anyone is interested (I know some people had success) I have applied the same patch as I posted in #224 of this thread, to the default kernel in 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot). This is working perfectly for me on the 64bit version. Follow the instructions as in post #224 swapping out the new kernel version for each command.

Confirmed. This works for me too on a HP DM1-3020us in ubuntu 11.10 64bit

Beans

Fantastic. Works like a charm.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

awesome!! I was having exactly the same problem, but with HP dv6!! Thanks a lot for the big help!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

hi,
    so, the touchpad is working fine. does anyone know how to get rid off the message on system startup "no touchpad found"?
    thanks in advance

Beans

Hi,
    I just joined this forum about 2 minutes ago. I have an HP Mini 201-1041nr. I had 11.04 and now have Oneiric Ocelot. On both versions, the mouse worked but the left click button didnt work. I could scroll with two fingers, click by tapping, and right click by tapping with two fingers. However, if I use the left click button, the mouse still moves around on the screen, and the right click button does a left click. I have only read the first few pages of the thread because I do not have much time right now, so can someone please post the best solution to this problem?
    The dot in the top left that disables/enables the touchpad when double clicked is also not working anymore.

Also, is the Pavilion dv7 compatible with Ubuntu? I have tried installing many times, but the installer does not work and Wubi is also not working. I have just shipped it to HP for repair (it fell down the stairs, but i had the 4 year warranty that includes accidental damage), and will try reinstalling when it gets back.
    Last edited by the pwner224; November 25th, 2011 at 06:11 AM.

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast