Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asus EEE-1005PE, (Possibly other pineviews too)

Beans

Asus EEE-1005PE, (Possibly other pineviews too)

This applies to netbook and desktop editions.
    Ubuntu fails to detect both keyboard and mouse, leaving system unusable.
    System information lists both as "unsupported"
    Also, lspci -vvnn gives odd responses to most of the hardware.
    It gets most of the info but is full of "ACCESS DENIED"

I used to usb keyboard and mouse to check and the driver wizard states no drivers needed/in use so it doesnt appear to be a proprietary issue...

***after more poking around***
    Uh, how odd. Express gate is installed though, and that's linux... and works perfectly fine. Least I can do a number of things without booting 7... ***shudders***
    Last edited by chadraytay; January 21st, 2010 at 11:50 AM.

Beans

Re: Asus EEE-1005PE, (Possibly other pineviews too)

I was thinking about getting one of these, so I hope someone gets this figured out soon. Here it says "As with the 1005HA, most of the stuff works fine out of the box, although there are some minor wireless connection issues." Let us know if any thing new comes up.

Beans

I concur. Same problems with my 1005PEB. Also seems they've made it almost impossible to revert to anything other then Windows 7.

Beans

Is this a problem after trying to install to HDD, or is this a problem trying to run from an SD card?

Should that even make a difference?
    Last edited by NESJumpman; January 27th, 2010 at 12:49 AM.

Beans

Xp runs fine. They even include 3/4 of the drivers needed on the disk that installs 7...

Beans

Alright now... wtf...

Happy to report that it's working now...
    Not sure how, not sure why, not sure I care. lol

Um, steps taken. Used usb mouse and onboard program to type and did an apt-get update, sudo update-manager

Did all updates, rebooted.
    Same as before, got dissapointed. Plugged laptop in as battery was low, rebooted intending to go to windows.

Forgot to press arrow key and select windows, ubuntu starts loading. I pressed and held power till it died. Turned it on, ran windows for a bit. Rebooted to fiddle with xorg.conf and see if that would help...

Everything works upon startup. ????????? No clue, guess it thought I was mad at it. :-/

oh well. It appears I may not have sound yet but I saw 10000 kernel crash messages related to intel sound card so at least I know the problem there.
    Oh, and brightness settings are way out of order. Keys work to change it but it's like, 100 then 50 then 10 then off then 30 then 50 then off then 100 again...

Beans

Red face Re: Asus EEE-1005PE, (Possibly other pineviews too)

Ok, figured out exactly how to make the keyboard and mouse work...

unplug the computer. :-/

You can plug it in after it starts. But not before. And everything but sound works fine. If its plugged in completely during the entire startup process (I was plugging it in as it started the first time it worked) then keyboard and mouse are disabled...

very strange

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chadraytay View Post
    Ok, figured out exactly how to make the keyboard and mouse work...

unplug the computer. :-/

You can plug it in after it starts. But not before. And everything but sound works fine. If its plugged in completely during the entire startup process (I was plugging it in as it started the first time it worked) then keyboard and mouse are disabled...

very strange
    Thanks, chadraytay, for keeping us up with what is going on. I would be interested in knowing if any one else is having similar problems. Or is it just your system? Have you contacted Asus, to see if they know anything about this? Thanks, I will keep looking in.

Beans
    Hidden!

I have the same problem with the brightness controls.
    Does someone have a solution to this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I am also having issues finding a solution to getting brightness control working on my 1005PEB. I've tried a couple of things:

-eee-control doesn't support this model yet (I'm impatient )
    -xbrightness, which gives me no results whatsoever.

Still hunting around for a possible solution, wondering what others have tried and found.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast