Thread: "Ubuntu Showcases"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

"Ubuntu Showcases"

I've created some "Ubuntu Showcases" that I've put on YouTube. I know lots of people have done similar things, but I tried to show a lot of stuff in a few minutes, with annotations as commentary and some funky music to really make Ubuntu look wiiiiiicked.

The aim is to debunk myths about Ubuntu being hard to use, slow, ugly, hard to install software etc etc

What do ya'll think? I'd appreciate it if you could rate/comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orbi31mE3r0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMDjzqc9cIo
    Writer for OMG! Ubuntu!, Editor-in-Chief Ubuntu Gamer. Co-founder of media and software company Ohso.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: "Ubuntu Showcases"

Nice work there. Good on yer, mate

So you're at Uni in Dunedin?
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win
    Mahatma Gandhi
    When I feed the poor, they call me a saint; when I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist- Dom Helder Camara, South American priest

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Beans
    Hidden!

By the way, I hope you don't plan to use compiz in any of your videos, it's been done so many times, it's not even worth it to show its functionality and eyecandy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Psumi View Post
    By the way, I hope you don't plan to use compiz in any of your videos, it's been done so many times, it's not even worth it to show its functionality and eyecandy.
    Heh, too late. I did that for the first video, but the later ones I will try to feature applications and actual functionality!

Yep sure am, studying in Dunedin.
    Writer for OMG! Ubuntu!, Editor-in-Chief Ubuntu Gamer. Co-founder of media and software company Ohso.