Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Create Video from JPEGs

This will rename all the JPG to jpg.
    Code:
    rename 's/\.JPG/.jpg/' *.JPG
    EDIT: someone beat me to it.
    Last edited by michy99; January 21st, 2010 at 05:29 PM.

Beans

You can also consider using blender to create the video. That way, you can manipulate the pictures in some cool ways and make something more than a flat slide show. Here's one I made with some photographs modified with gimp and blender: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI35Gk2rmps

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by chewearn View Post
    I forgot this part; to rename "JPG" to "jpg":
    Code:
    rename -v 's/JPG/jpg/' *.JPG
    Man, you guys are good!
    I found this while googling: "rename -v 's/\.JPG$/\.jpg/' *.JPG"
    and I believe it is the same as what you all are saying!

It worked and all of the images in the out folder are "pink" with the ls command
    and they are all small (.jpg) vs. caps (.JPG!

Thanks a lot! I am learning a lot too! I love this stuff!!!

And I did not mean anything bad by saying "Man" and "guys" above! This is just a habit and I do not mean
    to diminish the intelligence of any females out there! I know there are super smart females out there and plenty of them!

Thanks a lot! I know it will work now and I can make that DVD of my grandson's 1st year of life!
    It's going to be sweet!

Too bad everyone in the world aren't as helpful as the people in this forum!
    Thanks again! And I will let you know when this video is made. I have put MP3 with movies before, so I should be able to handle that!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post
    You can also consider using blender to create the video. That way, you can manipulate the pictures in some cool ways and make something more than a flat slide show. Here's one I made with some photographs modified with gimp and blender: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI35Gk2rmps
    That is a super nice video!!! I will look into that, but right now my mind "hurts" from all of the thinking! LOL
    Linux is definitely where you learn something every day!
    One who thinks they know everything there is to know, would have to be either a genius or a fool!
    Thanks!!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Well I have a video that displays the 153 pictures for 2 seconds each and it looks good!

Thatguruguy, is there much of a learning curve with blender? It looks pretty intimidating as I installed it and started it up.
    But, most things are at first. I really do like your video!

And in my previous post I meant no offense as I realize there are probably quite a lot of people on here that can figure out
    anything! I would venture to say that there quite a lot of geniuses using Linux too.

Thanks for everyone's help! I certainly do appreciate it!

Beans

There is a learning curve involved in learning to use Blender. However, they maintain a lot of tutorials (see http://www.blender.org/education-help/), there's a pretty good forum for the users of Blender (http://blenderartists.org/forum/) and there are a ton of how-to videos on youtube. It's worth playing around with.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Wink Re: Create Video from JPEGs

Thank you so much. This command (with different frame rates) worked a treat:

mencoder "mf://*.jpg" -mf fps=10 -o output.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4

Thanks again for posting something that works
    o

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    What I want to do is create a slideshow, but I want the output to be AVI (if possible).
    I would like to be able to upload it to YouTube and possibly make a DVD for my daughter.
    I have seen examples of Mencoder being able to do this.

I tried this command with 25 FPS:
    mencoder "mf://*.jpg" -mf fps=25 -o output.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4
    But, the output went way too fast. It lasted like 1 second!).

Then I tried this one with 1 FPS:
    mencoder "mf://*.jpg" -mf fps=1 -o output.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4
    But, it only showed 3 pictures (I think) and was only 3 seconds long.

Is there any knowledgeable mencoder users out there that can tell me how to modify the
    above command to make it read the entire 153 pics and display them for a reasonable amount of time?
    The pictures are not all exactly the same size and I was hoping this would not matter.
    Right now it seems I just have a FPS and a time length issue.

Thanks in advance!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by uniomni View Post
    Thank you so much. This command (with different frame rates) worked a treat:

mencoder "mf://*.jpg" -mf fps=10 -o output.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4

Thanks again for posting something that works
    o
    Glad you could benefit from it. I got that to work and made a movie DVD of my grandson with pictures.
    But, it's been so long ago I don't remember much about it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123