Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey request and comments

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Survey request and comments

ok, so let me get this straight. this survey is for what software you would like you have installed by default? but that doesn't make sense with photoshop being on the list, and if it means what software would you like to be avalible natively for ubuntu, then i don't get why skype is on the list?!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by boriskarloffinablender View Post
    ok, so let me get this straight. this survey is for what software you would like you have installed by default? but that doesn't make sense with photoshop being on the list, and if it means what software would you like to be avalible natively for ubuntu, then i don't get why skype is on the list?!
    Agreed. This survey is all over the place, and unless there's a better reason posted for it, I don't think it should be anything more than a forum poll.

Beans
    Hidden!

Don't really care for any of those to be honest. I wouldn't mind seeing Parole in Xubuntu rather than totem though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi everyone, I helped Gerry Carr from Canonical marketing get this poll up. Let me clarify some questions:

We're specifically looking for closed source applications made by 3rd party vendors that you would like to see supported Ubuntu. Think of it as a "who we should chase" list.

This isn't about what you would like to see by default or what you would like the overall focus of Ubuntu would be, we're merely trying to figure out what kind of 3rd party applications people would like to see. If you don't know what the application is then by not answering you've given us an indication of how popular it is.

Of course please use this thread for more detailed answers or to explain what kind of applications you'd like to see.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Voted

I think it would be great to see Steam ported to Linux. It would be a sign to publishers that there is some demand for Linux games. I would prefer that these games be released open-source after a time, like Id Software does, but releasing binaries for Linux would be better than nothing.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by whiprush View Post
    Hi everyone, I helped Gerry Carr from Canonical marketing get this poll up. Let me clarify some questions:

We're specifically looking for closed source applications made by 3rd party vendors that you would like to see supported Ubuntu. Think of it as a "who we should chase" list.

This isn't about what you would like to see by default or what you would like the overall focus of Ubuntu would be, we're merely trying to figure out what kind of 3rd party applications people would like to see. If you don't know what the application is then by not answering you've given us an indication of how popular it is.

Of course please use this thread for more detailed answers or to explain what kind of applications you'd like to see.
    but skype is already available for ubuntu!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

voted

thanks!!!

NoaHall is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by whiprush View Post

I see. Can I ask, with Steam, is it just the client? If so, could you remove it from the poll(as it's pointless), or clarify what it means(in the poll table)?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Photo Shop, iTunes, really??? I never want to see these apps in Ubuntu, why are you even asking! The real question you should be asking is do you want the GIMP and iTunes like features in rhythm box (which it currently has!). Why the focus on windoz applications? I can to Linux to get away from them!!! The idea of a poll to find out what people want is good, if there is some fore thought put into it, not phoned in, clearly like this one was!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by boriskarloffinablender View Post
    but skype is already available for ubuntu!
    Yeah but it's not sitting in a partner archive by default, I have to go fetch it. Plus it would be nice to say "hey you have XXXXX users over here, can we get some more love for the client?"

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast