Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcast resurrection?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Podcast resurrection?

Now a lot of the podcast chaff has fallen away, does anyone want to see the Full Circle Podcast resurrected?

Prepared to step up and give it a go if we can put together a panel to produce some interesting (and hopefully entertaining) content.

Any volunteers?

If we do this...

Next question is what kind of podcast do we make it? It needs to be a broad-based magazne format which will add some value to the FCM 'brand'. what content headings should we include? RC
    RobinC@Amethyst
    -----------------------
    "Life, don't talk to me about life..."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Podcast resurrection?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC@Amethyst View Post
    Now a lot of the podcast chaff has fallen away, does anyone want to see the Full Circle Podcast resurrected?
    Prepared to step up and give it a go if we can put together a panel to produce some interesting (and hopefully entertaining) content.
    Any volunteers?
    If we do this...
    It's tricky, because the podcast format itself doesn't lend its self well to things like tutorials or visual things, so it might be an idea to maybe be more news/discussion based?

As long as it's family friendly and interesting that's all that matters to me

Would it be weekly?

Next question is what kind of podcast do we make it? It needs to be a broad-based magazne format which will add some value to the FCM 'brand'. what content headings should we include? RC
    I think you should include the My Desktop feature...
    Ronnie
    Editor, Full Circle - The FREE Independent Magazine for the Ubuntu Community
    Official Ubuntu Member | Registered Linux User # 456627 | Registered Ubuntu User # 18227

Beans
    Distro

Hm, not so much tutorial/how-to (leave that for the magazine), although something like the 'man-minute' tips could work.

Prefer the news/discussion format, as we can take contributions and it will add something additional to the magazine.

Frequency - I originally thought monthly on the back of the magazine release schedule, however; if news/discussion-based, could be shorter and more frequent. Depends what kind of team we can put together to produce it! RC.
    RobinC@Amethyst
    -----------------------

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hm, not so much tutorial/how-to (leave that for the magazine), although something like the 'man-minute' tips could work.
    Yeah, that's a pretty good idea, you could discuss a command for some length of time. Maybe even discuss whatever is in the Command & Conquer article? But if you wanted to discuss something else then go for it.

Prefer the news/discussion format, as we can take contributions and it will add something additional to the magazine.

Frequency - I originally thought monthly on the back of the magazine release schedule, however; if news/discussion-based, could be shorter and more frequent. Depends what kind of team we can put together to produce it! RC.
    It could be a 15min weekly podcast discussing the weeks news (remember, when it comes to news, I don't mind featuring non-Ubuntu news in FCM) and a command. But, of course, you can only put out the podcast when you can manage it, but it would definitely need to be regular.

I personally prefer weekly podcasts since a month is too long to wait, I end up forgetting about it.

Go for it...
    Ronnie
    Official Ubuntu Member | Registered Linux User # 456627 | Registered Ubuntu User # 18227

Beans
    Distro

Frequency is dependent on a #team# committed to production. Weekly is nice idea once we get into a groove.

BTW was going to contact Matt Rossi and discovered he and Nicola C started the PenguinCentral podcast with a couple of mates. Only Episode 1 October '09 so far. RC
    RobinC@Amethyst
    -----------------------

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Frequency is dependent on a #team# committed to production. Weekly is nice idea once we get into a groove.
    Yep, can't force people to do things. Although I do try.

BTW was going to contact Matt Rossi and discovered he and Nicola C started the PenguinCentral podcast with a couple of mates. Only Episode 1 October '09 so far. RC
    Yeah I said that to Matt when he was starting it, it's got to be regular as clockwork, otherwise people will just ignore it.

I'll put a bit in my FCM#33 editorial directing people to here if they're interested in it and they can PM/email you about it. That OK?
    Ronnie

Beans
    Distro

I maybe able to help with the podcast.

Ed Hewitt, Ubuntu Games writer, if you were wondering who I was.

I would like to see FCM podcast back.
    Acer Aspire Revo R3600 - Intel Atom 1.6Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, nVidia ION
    Free of Windows since :22nd Dec 07
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

One other thing that might make the podcast easier to make:

You know how you see a news programme on TV and they'll have the main presenter and they'll switch to various reporters for various stories, how about doing that? Where each reporter (like, say, Ed submitting an Ubuntu games report) would submit an audio file and someone is the main reporter who would introduce things, mention things, and probably stitch the whole lot together.

Just an idea... I'm thinking aloud (by keyboard).
    Ronnie

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ronniet View Post
    One other thing that might make the podcast easier to make:

You know how you see a news programme on TV and they'll have the main presenter and they'll switch to various reporters for various stories, how about doing that? Where each reporter (like, say, Ed submitting an Ubuntu games report) would submit an audio file and someone is the main reporter who would introduce things, mention things, and probably stitch the whole lot together.

Just an idea... I'm thinking aloud (by keyboard).
    A podcast should be more of a discussion than a report. I much prefer to see discussions between the host of different news items, far more interesting to listen to.
    Acer Aspire Revo R3600 - Intel Atom 1.6Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, nVidia ION
    Free of Windows since :22nd Dec 07
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by chewit View Post
    A podcast should be more of a discussion than a report. I much prefer to see discussions between the host of different news items, far more interesting to listen to.
    I'm with Ed (glad of the offer BTW) the better, as in more lively, podcasts have a panel format. As I've found in some other audio projects, the wider range of voices you can get the better.

That said, no reason why we can't have some reportage segments and a discussion after.

Also like the idea of listeners submitting audio clips with comments/questions/feedback.

Ronnie: happy to organise things if you put out a call to action in the Editorial. Is that podcast@ address still active? We can set something up over email.
    RobinC@Amethyst
    -----------------------

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast