Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Podcast resurrection?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: iTunes not working YET

The podcast went up on iTunes overnight and yes we know the feed is broke; we'll fix it soon and let you know. RC

Actually the feed just needs a tweak then catch the overnight refresh thru iTunes itself. Watch that space. RC
    Last edited by RobinC@Amethyst; February 27th, 2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: New info
    RobinC@Amethyst
    -----------------------
    "Life, don't talk to me about life..."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Podcast resurrection?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC@Amethyst View Post
    It would be nice to leave comments on the page, but this requires
    logging in. Could this be changed to the more normal email & captcha setup.

I look forwards to hearing the next episode.[/I][/COLOR][/INDENT]

Good point about the comments form, I had to go find my Wordpress login.

We've not been using the Wordpress site for much interactive content, so I don't know we might do about that one??? RC
    I've since edited the page settings, so it should be possible for non-blog members to post on the page.

Failing that, I can make a podcast page here on UF's (like I do with the mag) and let people comment there?

Good luck!
    Ronnie
    Editor, Full Circle - The FREE Independent Magazine for the Ubuntu Community
    Official Ubuntu Member | Registered Linux User # 456627 | Registered Ubuntu User # 18227

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ronniet View Post
    I've since edited the page settings, so it should be possible for non-blog members to post on the page.

Failing that, I can make a podcast page here on UF's (like I do with the mag) and let people comment there?

Good luck!
    Ronnie: why don't we go with a forum page here; we can mention it next episode. RC
    RobinC@Amethyst
    -----------------------

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC@Amethyst View Post
    Ronnie: why don't we go with a forum page here; we can mention it next episode. RC
    Hell, we can have BOTH!

It's just that the forum doesn't seem to be as popular as the download page is/will be. But I've created a sticky post for the podcast so people can certainly leave comments there if they want, and the podcast page on the site is ok for comments now too, but it's whichever you prefer. You're the podcast-man
    Ronnie
    Editor, Full Circle - The FREE Independent Magazine for the Ubuntu Community
    Official Ubuntu Member | Registered Linux User # 456627 | Registered Ubuntu User # 18227

Beans

A suggestion, though I'm not sure I'm in the right place for it. The raspy almost Batman-like old man voice isn't good. Actually, he sounds a little like the psychopath in Joyride, but more generic. It just doesn't sound good in my opinion. So I was thinking, alternatively, why not go for something that sounds like the Ironman/Robocop voice? That would go with the technology theme of the show too.
    The British accented lady's voice on the other hand is delightful and attractive. I may dream about what she looks like next time I fall asleep. I'll be lucky to get to first base even dreaming though, because it would trigger my awareness that it must be a dream, awakening me. Then I won't be able to fall back asleep and it will be all the fault of your podcast.
    Added this in: I forgot to tell you I really like your podcast. I'm happy I was able to catch yours at the very first episode instead of coming in after the 100-episode mark like I usually do. Good luck and I'll be listening.
    And on second thought, forget what I said about the voice thing. It will grow on me, I'm sure. Besides there are things you can't do with a reverbed voice, such as the superhero promo. It would have been misleading. I'm the guy you invite to a party to ruin any chance of having any fun, so take any suggestions from me with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by halfvulcan; March 5th, 2010 at 04:36 PM.
    I buntu. U?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ronniet View Post
    Hell, we can have BOTH!

It's just that the forum doesn't seem to be as popular as the download page is/will be. But I've created a sticky post for the podcast so people can certainly leave comments there if they want, and the podcast page on the site is ok for comments now too, but it's whichever you prefer. You're the podcast-man
    I'll take any comments from any direction! No comments on the downloads page yet, some here, some through my blog.

Catch our review in the current Ubuntu-UK Podcast. RC
    RobinC@Amethyst
    -----------------------

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi

I enjoyed listening to your podcast #1 today. An excellent start so I am looking forward to future episodes.
    the.scarecrow Bitcoin donations 1ALDAQXqA2GMLvsGULAsQVKHTQroGdmcSX
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Beans
    Distro

Re: Podcast: it's alive!!!

...in our best John Barry/Dr Frankenstein voice...
    ("It's Fronken-steen!!")

Thanks for all the good comments and lack of abuse.

Episode 2 is in the can and winging through the air like and elderly exocet. RC
    RobinC@Amethyst
    -----------------------

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Well, I had a listen to it as well, and I quite enjoyed it. However, one of the hosts was kind of hard to hear. Not sure what the name was, but maybe it was Dave? Anyway, I listened through headphones, so I heard mostly what he said, but it was a bit tough to have to concentrate all the time he spoke. I dunno what would be technically feasible for you, but speaking with maybe 10% less speed would certainly help as well.

Keep up the good work!
    My intent is not to flame. I am unarmed. -- QIII; thanks!

Beans
    Distro

Arthur, thank you. And you are quite right; you are now first witness for the prosecution, the evidence for Dave to slow down!!!

(BTW, for most of the recording, in went into Audacity - I have slowed him down. You should hear Dave at his normal speed!) RC
    RobinC@Amethyst
    -----------------------

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast