Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wacom Intuos4 OLEDs

Beans

Wacom Intuos4 OLEDs

Hi all,

Thanks to all the amazingly helpful folk who have taken the time to work it all out, I have been through the threads on here and managed to get my Wacom Intuos4 Medium tablet working in 9.10.

I am still stuck in one last area, though. I can't work out how to get the little OLED displays working. I've seen the patches that are available, but the instructions included are, unfortunately, going straight over my head.

Is anyone able to help me with a step-by-step on how to get the OLEDs up and running?

I am using 9.10 (2.6.31-17).

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Wacom Intuos4 OLEDs

Hi RedDirt6722,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

You don't have to use the patches anymore. The patches were included in linuxwacom 0.8.5-8. So you can go to the linuxwacom HOW TO and compile and install 0.8.5-9. Just remember to replace 0.8.4-4 with 0.8.5-9.

Hope this helps.

Beans

Favux,

Thank you so much for the quick reply.

I went through that how-to, but unfortunately I had no joy. For some reason, I now don't have an option in "wacomcpl" to configure the buttons on the tablet (which I did have previously), and the OLEDs still don't work.

Do you have any idea what I might have done wrong? Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers.

Beans
    Distro

Hi RedDirt6722,

Ouch! Even less functionality?

Check in Synaptic Package Manager if xserver-xorg-input-all is installed. Did you reinstall the new-generic rc2 .fdi? Were there any errors you noticed when you configured and ran make? Maybe there's a new dependency needed.

Beans

Favux,

I've checked, and xserver-xorg-input-all is still installed. As far as I noticed, there were no errors when I followed the how-to, and yes, I used the generic-rc fdi.

One thing I was thinking is that perhaps when I was trying to get it working myself (prior to creating this thread) I installed a different version of linuxwacom that is conflicting with the new one. Would I be best served removing everything and starting again? And if so, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Beans
    Distro

Hi RedDirt6722,

That's a good thought. Why don't you go through the purge routine with only wacom-tools, skipping xserver-xorg-input-wacom so you don't run into the xserver-xorg-input-all problem. Then recompile 0.8.5-9 first doing a 'make clean' and probably a 'make distclean' before doing the configure.

Let me know how it goes and what steps you used.

Beans

Favux,

I went through the purge process listed at the bottom of the how-to, without purging xserver-xorg-input-wacom.

Could you give me a little more detail on the "make clean" and "make distclean" bit? That part went over my head a bit.

At what point to I do this, and what do I need to enter in order to do it?

My apologies if I am being a bit dense here, and thanks again for the help.

Cheers.

Beans
    Distro

Hi RedDirt6722,

Just to clean out your previous compile. You could also just delete it and download a new linuxwacom source tar. If you use the previous unpacked source code you compiled in before you'd do the lines right before:
    Code:
    ./configure --enable-wacom --prefix=/usr
    So it becomes:
    Code:
    make clean
    make distclean
    ./configure --enable-wacom --prefix=/usr
    etc.

Beans

Favux,

No luck, unfortunately. I did as you said, but nothing has changed. Wacomcpl still doesn't list the pad, and the OLEDs aren't doing anything.

Is there anything else I could try?

Cheers.

Beans
    Distro

Hi RedDirt6722,

Darn.

OK, so a clean compile of 0.8.5-9 on Karmic gives you a working stylus, stylus buttons, and eraser but the pad doesn't work(?) or doesn't show up in wacomcpl(?). Everying else shows up in wacomcpl and no errors jumping out at you during the compile?

If the pad isn't working does it work in Windows?

If so let's look at your lshal and Xorg.0.log. For the lshal:
    Code:
    lshal>RedDirt6722_lshal.txt
    And the Xorg.0.log is in /var/log/. Since both will exceed the upload limit compress them by right clicking and using Create Archive. Then you can use Manage Attachments to attach them to your next post.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast