Thread: Tell everyone your location using Launchpad

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Lightbulb Tell everyone your location using Launchpad

The Arkansas Team has a thread where people are discussing their location, but as far as I know the best way to post yourself on a map is using Launchpad.*

UPDATE: It's 2011 and sometime since I posted this Canonical removed the map from launchpad. Now all you can enter is your time zone.

Here are the old directions:

After you are registered and logged in at http://launchpad.net/ click your username at the top right corner to get to your Launchpad information. Scroll to the bottom of that page, and click the link under the Google map that says "Set location and time zone." You will see a Google map with some directions at the top. There is no need to find your exact street location -- in or near the nearest town is fine.

Once your location is entered, be sure you are a member of Team Arkansas in launchpad so your location shows up on that map... http://launchpad.net/~teamarkansas

Thank you for setting your location! I hope we can plan some events based on where our team members live or work...

*(You can also use launchpad to report, triage and suggest fixes for bugs, and once you have a launchpad login, you can use it to log in to this forum and other official Ubuntu locations.)

**If someone knows how to make this post "sticky" please let me know.
    Last edited by Tommy; June 12th, 2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: updated because map location has been removed

Re: Tell everyone your location using Launchpad

Thread is now a sticky.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Talking Re: Tell everyone your location using Launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by Sef View Post
    Thread is now a sticky.
    Thank you for that.

I just realized I didn't tell folks to also add themselves to Team Arkansas in Launchpad so their location shows up there. I added that to the top post, and I'm commenting here to emphasize it.
    Last edited by Tommy; January 17th, 2010 at 03:04 AM. Reason: I always have to edit my posts

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

didn't find anything listed in launchpad similar to this to check out
    Acer Aspire 5336-2524
    Intel Celeron 900 @ 2.20 GHz - Intel GMA 4500M - 3GB DDR3 - 250GB HDD
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit - Ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS 64 bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by PCLinuxGuy View Post
    didn't find anything listed in launchpad similar to this to check out
    I forgot to update this thread.... The launchpad folks removed this feature a year or two ago, maybe for privacy concerns or something. Back when a few of us had entered our location it was very interesting to see how spread out we are.