Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lexmark Pro 200 Series Printer?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

Lexmark Pro 200 Series Printer?

My family just bought a new wireless printer - a Lexmark Prospect Pro 205 to be exact. It's already been configured fine with all the Windows computer in the house by using the installation CD. I was just wondering if this printer was compatible with Ubuntu, I already looked in the list of supported printers and it wasn't listed. Furthermore I tried adding it with the Printer tool in Ubuntu and I couldn't find it (maybe because I don't know what options to chose ). Anyways, the printer is Wireless and uses my network - it isn't connected to any computer. It has its own built in WiFi and even it's own IP.

Can someone help me set it up or tell me if this printer is even supported? I would really like to be able to print - it would make things very difficult if I couldn't.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Buuntu; January 14th, 2010 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Changed the model to the correct one. From Pro 250 to Prospect Pro 205
    System: Lenovo G50
    CPU: 4x intel core i3-4030U 1.90GHz
    GPU: Intel HD Graphics
    RAM: 6 GB

Beans

Re: Lexmark Pro 200 Series Printer?

It would help us help you to provide the actual model. "Lexmark Pro 250" doesn't seem to exist.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Lexmark+Pro+250

Beans
    Distro

Oops, it's 205, not 250. *Lexmark Prospect Pro 205.

Thanks for pointing that out .

Beans
    Hidden!

Lexmark is generally a no-no for Linux. But they actually have some drivers posted for that model, they appear to be x86 only though.
    http://support.lexmark.com/index?loc...263450195282#2

Just click the downloads button and you'll see Linux at the bottom. Good luck.

Beans
    Distro

Sweet, that worked like a charm .

Thanks man!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

i would like to know if the original poster of the question was using 32 or 64 bit ubuntu, as it would help me decide whether or not to buy this printer. i see there is 32 bit drivers on the lexmark support site.
    and i can see you got them working.
    but whats o.s. version are you using?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

well buuntu must be using 32 bit ubuntu, as dark_stang mentioned, the drivers provided by lexmark are 32 bit only.
    i got on the phone with lexmark support and they mentioned that they do support ubuntu, but only 32 bit. (what? why?) she seemed a bit unsure. anyway she actually called me back 10 minutes later to explain that without a doubt they have no 64 bit ubuntu drivers. according to her its a matter of demand, and they might publish some in the future.
    well what this means for 64 bit gnu/linux ubuntu users is that this lexmark prospect pro 205, is not compatible.

also she seemed to have checked their whole current line up- and the situation is the same.

but i cant be sure, as i only have personally tried the prospect pro205.

its going back to office depot- too bad because it was very cheap, $99-
    not to mention it works really well under windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and xp home 32 bit

Beans

I noticed that Lexmark took down their Ubuntu drivers for the Lexmark Prospect Pro205 about a week or two ago. Now they are only offering drivers for Fedora and OpenSuSE.

Prior to this, I called Lexmark technical support asking when they would offer Ubuntu 64-bit drivers. I was told that they couldn't give an answer, but the Ubuntu 64-bit drivers would be posted on their site "very soon".

I'm glad I saved the 32-bit Ubuntu driver downloaded before they took it down. I've got a bad feeling that they aren't going to post it up again anytime soon, and I highly doubt we will see a 64-bit version.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraidog View Post
    I noticed that Lexmark took down their Ubuntu drivers for the Lexmark Prospect Pro205 about a week or two ago. Now they are only offering drivers for Fedora and OpenSuSE.

Prior to this, I called Lexmark technical support asking when they would offer Ubuntu 64-bit drivers. I was told that they couldn't give an answer, but the Ubuntu 64-bit drivers would be posted on their site "very soon".

I'm glad I saved the 32-bit Ubuntu driver downloaded before they took it down. I've got a bad feeling that they aren't going to post it up again anytime soon, and I highly doubt we will see a 64-bit version.
    Hey, the deb drivers are still there, but it just doesn't appear on the previously given link for some reason.

Here you go: http://support.lexmark.com/index?loc...ab=DOWNLOADS#1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 13.10 Saucy Salamander

The Lexmark Pro 205 now has 64 bit drivers for Ubuntu 10.10. I just downloaded the drivers. http://support.lexmark.com/index?loc...rompage=null#1
    Ubuntu User # 22378

Linux User # 474408

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast