Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ubuntu barks at my cats

pricetech is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: Ubuntu barks at my cats

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitWho View Post
    I was talking to my mom over google chat and the cat was on her lap, he reached out his paw and said "swd" which we can all assume is cat for "hello"
    It's an "anti canine" message. I can't translate it here on the forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by VastOne View Post
    Thank you! I have not had time to really enjoy any british humour lately and that was incredible.

So totally Monty Python in a current form. I will find everything I can now on Blackadder and the entire group

It is also amazing to me that massive talents of Rowan A and Hugh L and how few people in the states know of these vids

Again thanks
    If you like Blackadder you should also check out Young Ones, also written by Ben Elton.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VastOne View Post
    Thank you! I have not had time to really enjoy any british humour lately and that was incredible.

So totally Monty Python in a current form. I will find everything I can now on Blackadder and the entire group

It is also amazing to me that massive talents of Rowan A and Hugh L and how few people in the states know of these vids

Again thanks
    Thanks a lot, and also thanks to the other people who made nice comments about that link. I felt a bit silly posting it in some ways (hence the disclaimer) but I'm glad I've given a few people a laugh

Thanks again, you've made my day.

BTW, I'm a bit suprised that someone with a Hugh Laurie pic as a userpic said that, but again, when you watch 'House' its hard to believe that he got his start in comedy. It says a lot about his caliber as an actor though.

Quote Originally Posted by chriswyatt View Post
    If you like Blackadder you should also check out Young Ones, also written by Ben Elton.
    2nded. If you like that, maybe even have a look at 'Bottom'. Its rude, its crude, its violent, but funny. Also, 'Red Dwarf' is really worth a look. Series 4, 5 and 6 probably the pick of them (and its better to start there than series 1 IMO)

Edit- maybe I should start a 'best of british humour' thread. Not now, the big yellow things is coming up and I need to snatch a few hours sleep before work.
    Last edited by cascade9; January 12th, 2010 at 08:57 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Here is where you go to enable it:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345