Thread: How do I remove these?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

How do I remove these?

Just installed Ubuntu 9.10 this morning and am happy with it except for one thing. I have some folders in $HOME that have images on them, these are the special folders listed in ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs , how do I remove the images on these folders and just revert back to a normal folder icon?

Updated: I need to be able to have any changes fit in well with any new icon theme that I choose.
    Last edited by ardchoille42; January 11th, 2010 at 08:11 PM.

Beans

Re: How do I remove these?

Hi

Right click on the folder whoose icon you want to change, select "Properties"

Then click in the folder icon. Now you can select an arbitrary icon for this folder.

The default folder icon is in /usr/share/icons/Humanity/places/64/folder.svg

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: How do I remove these?

Quote Originally Posted by atropa View Post
    Hi

Right click on the folder whoose icon you want to change, select "Properties"

Then click in the folder icon. Now you can select an arbitrary icon for this folder.

The default folder icon is in /usr/share/icons/Humanity/places/64/folder.svg
    That works but is not acceptable as the new chosen icons stick when changing icon themes and don't fit in with the other icons in the new theme.
    Last edited by ardchoille42; January 11th, 2010 at 08:10 PM.