Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saturday Morning Cartoons

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Saturday Morning Cartoons

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    That's it right there. Kids can watch cartoons any time of the day or night they want. Because of that, Saturday mornings are just another time slot of their unlimited cartoons. It's not special anymore.
    It's a shame. In the UK, on Freeview (terrestrial digital free-to-air TV service) there are 3 "children's" TV channels: CBBC Channel, CBeebies and CITV. You might thnik this would give kids a good choice of programming. But it doesn't. Take a look at these channels on a Saturday morning, or indeed any morning: there's some good stuff amongst the dross (Spongebob is a personal fave) but most of it is just dross.

As any economist will know, scarcity adds value. And the present abundance of children's programming devalues the lot. Fortunately, kids today have alternatives to TV. Game consoles, internet, instant messaging... we had none of that when I was a child. Flaming brats don't know they're alive...
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Can find some of the cartoons (full episodes) on YouTube. I found my old favorite (Dungeons & Dragons) and forgot just how cheesy the were!

But I guess this is the downside of having a Cartoon Channel and more channels than you can shake a stick at.

Of course I would know this better if we even had TV service.
    Last edited by Dragonbite; January 11th, 2010 at 05:05 PM.
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

pricetech is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans

The tv is rarely even turned on in the mornings at our house unless the grandkids either spend the night or show up early.

I miss the Warner cartoons, Pink Panther, Scooby Doo, and that "generation" of cartoons.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pricetech View Post
    The tv is rarely even turned on in the mornings at our house unless the grandkids either spend the night or show up early.

I miss the Warner cartoons, Pink Panther, Scooby Doo, and that "generation" of cartoons.
    Father in law has Satellite tv, so when there is a "Stars of the month" special on one of the cartoon specials, he makes a couple of tapes for the kids (and me). WE got 4 tapes full of Tom & Jerry out of a 24 hour special on Boomerang...

Other than that - there are Saturday morning cartoons still here on analogue tv. Satellite tv is expensive and cable none existent... so there you go, the joys of living in the 3rd World...
    Regards

longtom

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Smile Re: Saturday Morning Cartoons

Quote Originally Posted by witeshark17 View Post
    I'm sure you can find a website with classic cartoons. Or watch a DVD of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    now it is very possible to find all the great cartoons on the web, but for me it is all about the feeling of waking up in the morning and having something fun to look forward too.

Hulu is helping me with my Saturday Morning cartoon fix!!!

I was primed to watch Transformers on Teletoon Retro, but they have the nerve to air The Chipmunks marathon. At least they don't have blue eyes in this one. Back to Kimmel.
    Aspire One D257, 2GB DDR3-1333

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12