Lately I have been having problems with my Panp4n, after suspend/hibernate the graphics sets very slow. Some of the things that happen:
- compiz cube is choppy
- windows take longer to open/minimize
- Hulu player gets very choppy (cannot be used)
- Windows under virtual box takes longer to start and it takes even longer for it open any app, then you can see how it is drawing the screen line by line
- wine games get slower
- youtube also seems to get slower
- regular apps that do not involve graphics work fine
Reboot fixes all of those issues and the problem is present in both Gnome and XFCE. My guess is it is nvidia driver issue.
This is my wife's laptop so I am not sure exactly when the poblem first appeared.
PS: Just noticed that the new kernel 18.104.22.168 has the old problem with not detecting the battery. I switched back to 22.214.171.124 and I will see if the other issues also exist.
Correction: the battery monitor was broken by the suspend/hibernate process. After reboot, it works fine.