Thread: Virtual machines:virtualbox : ونسة عن

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Virtual machines:virtualbox : ونسة عن

salam alykom

i havent heard about virtual machines before using ubuntu. i think my first time was when a memeber of our loco team suggest trying it.

so i googled it and found that the most popular ones are virtualbox and vmware, virtualbox is available through synaptic thats why it was my first pick. so installed it weeks later.
    i got many ISOes from my brother 5 are linux OSes and one is windows xp sp3...
    so i was very excited to get virtualbox to work in my machine. i wanted to see how it works and i wanted to expermint other linux flavours also i wanted to learn how to install windows!!.....apperently the repo's version - was a very bad idea- it gave me a really hard time and refused to work at all and no matter what i did it wont boot any of my ISOes i was so close to change my mind about the whole VM idea ..i knew my isoes are ok and google didnt help,i followed about any advice i found on the net to get it to work .i was getting a guru meditation error that wont get sorted at all.the only hope was to get the non-free version from virtualbox website, because people were advicing it,i went for it but i needed help to be able to download it because we are banned from dwnloading from their website, fortunitly with a help of a friend i downloaded the package..and the good news is...it finally worked!...no more guru meditation erorrs.
    i tried/installed 5 OSes but kept 3 vms in the virtualbox. and it really worth the efforts.

what do u think about VMs and which one are you using now or used in the past? what for? what OSes work great from VMs?

ملحوظ
    ة:
    ما حبيت السكون الحاصل في صفحتنا..... الحل الوحيد كان اني ابراكم لانو دي الحاجة الوحيدة البجيدا وكمان بستمتع بيها....وكمان حبيت اوريكم انو مالازم اي موضوع يتنشر يكون مفيد.....اصحووووووووووووووو!!

مع السلامة..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Virtual machines:virtualbox : ونسة عن

Virtualbox is great. Even Windows is good under Linux supervision . It's the only useful, non-virusy way to run different Internet Explorer versions, each in their own Win install, for testing web sites.

I worry about what's going to happen with vbox, though, now that Sun has been bought by Oracle. They seem the opposite of interested in open source.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

VMs are amazing for test various things , i am using Virtual Box now but i have tried VMware once or twice for installing Red Hat Enterprise LInux4 & WinXP to enjoy watching it inside Linux.

Nice post

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hello Ijlal (albaraya) and the guys,
    I am using ubuntu as host, I tried VirtualBox from ubuntu repo. but that "ose" version lacks very important features like usb support. so I downloaded the not-so-free one "for free but not all open" from sun, and it's just adorable I installed winxp and I am really enjoying it. the only down thing I can think of is 3D support for gaming 'cause it's very poor on that. so if you're a gamer just try to find something else.
    I never had a chance to try VMwire and would love to try it once.. does anyone here recommend it?
    Thanks team sudan

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

its nice for OS testing or just to jump from OS to other without restarting
    Last edited by mhmdfoss; March 24th, 2010 at 03:58 PM.
    think totally different

Beans

شكرا اجلال.
    لي كمبيوتر تعبان كيف؟ يعني ما تعبان شدييد, نص نص تقدر تقول
    ؟