Thread: KDevelop4 asks for cmake file in order to finish creating c++ project? what is cmake?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

KDevelop4 asks for cmake file in order to finish creating c++ project? what is cmake?

hey I'm a relative n00b to C++ but I have heard that KDevelop rocks so I am using it as my IDE. what does it mean when it wants me to find a cmake file? idk what that is lol, just got through the section on if statements on my book. where do i find this file? are there any good tutorials on the KDevelop4 Enviroment?

I do not want to switch to a different IDE, I want to figure out KDevelop.

thanks in advanced!

Charlie

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: KDevelop4 asks for cmake file in order to finish creating c++ project? what is cm

CMake generates the makefile (which the compiler uses).

See the packages cmake and cmake-gui. You might want to get qt-sdk (Complete Qt Software Development Kit) just to be sure you don't miss something.
    Help yourself: Ubuntu Docs - Ubuntu Packages

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: KDevelop4 asks for cmake file in order to finish creating c++ project? what is cm

Is it asking for the executable? Install the cmake package and the default (/usr/bin/cmake) should work then.

If you're just learning the basics of C++ though, it might be more useful to use a basic text editor like kate and compile on the command line. Once you start using multiple files in your project, move on to an IDE like KDevelop.
    (Intel Core i7 860, 2x2GB, Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3L, Radeon HD 4550, Audigy2 ZS Platinum, Sonata) + Asus V6J + Lenovo IdeaPad U330
    YOU can make Kubuntu Lucid a solid distro | My Blog