Thread: For Those WIth Desktop on Wrong Side of Dual Monitors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

For Those WIth Desktop on Wrong Side of Dual Monitors

Ok,
    So I had this issue when activating the video driver for Ubuntu in 10.10 on my dual monitors. The desktop panels were all on the right side monitor when I definitely wanted them on the left. After looking through a million threads nobody seemed to have a solution, and most thought it was a bug.

Well turns out its quite simple. Right click on the panel and uncheck "expand." Then drag the panel to the side of the monitor you wish to have. Then recheck expand. That simple.. I noticed a lot of people had an issue with this so I thought that I would share this with anybody if nobody has posted this yet.
    -shibby

Beans

Re: For Those WIth Desktop on Wrong Side of Dual Monitors

You, sir, are a file-system-checkin' genius. This is exactly the same _highly-annoying_ problem I was having. And it worked, too (although you might remind us newbies to right-click the panel, and then select PROPERTIES before unselecting Expand .

Thanks very much!

Dj

Beans

Re: For Those WIth Desktop on Wrong Side of Dual Monitors

This did change location of the panels on the external monitors (Great!), but then the system started crashing every time I attempted to switch between the laptop's LCD and the dual external monitor setup. It's 11.04 by the way. I had to move the panels back to fix this .