Thread: Flashing login screen and keyboard halt

Beans

Question Flashing login screen and keyboard halt

I am having the infamous flashing login screen problems after a fresh install of mythbuntu 9.10. I found great instructions to help me fix the problem. They are found here.

These instructions are very complete and simple. Thank you. I have the same flashing login screen problem. I tried changing the xorg.conf file from "nvidia" to "nv", and that only sped up the flashing of the screen. I've been browsing the forums for hours and trying every thing I come across. So many of these fixes get me close.

The above mentioned method works for me until I get to step 3. After choosing the recovery mode, my keyboard shuts down and I can't do anything else. I also tried reinstalling mythbuntu without using the nvidia drivers. This was succesfull, but again my keyboard and mouse shut off. I have a mi wireless keyboard and mouse that can be plugged into either ps/2 or USB. They work fine during installation and on the live cd, but shut off and I'm stuck. I'm going to try a different keyboard as soon as I can get my hands on one.

If anyone has ideas, it would be very appreciated. I've been using Ubuntu for only a few months, so I'm asking forgiveness now for my forthcoming simple questions.

Thanks

Beans

Re: Flashing login screen and keyboard halt

I just went back to Jaunty. It's working fine. I guess I'll wait for leaping leapord, or whatever they're calling the 10.04 release.