Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can the features of a Tablet PC work on Ubuntu Linux?

Beans

Re: Can the features of a Tablet PC work on Ubuntu Linux?

Same problem here. A bug has been filed and is in the works.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Yes. I don't know if fpit has been updated/patched to work with the new 1.7 Xserver in Lucid. I can't find it if it has. So follow the bug report. Redxine could you link it?

Beans

Doesn't look like it's completely done for - this has happened before and a patch had fixed it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Here's the link to the bug report so you can monitor it: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubun...it/+bug/565540

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Well, here is the source code for the fpit driver if any genius dares to fix it
    http://packages.debian.org/source/si...org-input-fpit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Ok, the fpit drivers appears to be working and the solution for this is found here. But I can't make my stylus or my screen to work still. Everything seems to be working fine. All the setserial stuff show to be working properly, the xorg.conf was the one I was using in Karmic (may be that's the problem). I don't know what else to do. How do I check if the system is actually using the new updated fpit driver? I will appreciate any input at this point that would help me to have my tablet pc fully working.
    Fabian

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi fachex,

I have a couple of questions for you. I also have a Gateway CX200X, and I am having a problem with the tablet. I just recently upgraded from 9.10 to 10.04. I have the latest fpit driver from launchpad.net. Setup /etc/X11/xorg.conf. And it basically works except the tracking is off. The tracking works fine up and down. Left and right it is off. On the far let it is fine, but the more you move right the farther away to the right it moves. At about a third of the way right the mouse pointer is half way. At half way right the mouse pointer is about 4/5ths of the way right. I already tried adjusting the max X but it does not seem to make any change.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

Don

Beans

I have the same problem, and filed a bug here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...it/+bug/576677

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks fachex,

I thought I was doing something wrong and lost my trouble shooting skills. LOL That makes sense because I even tried to calculate the aspect ratio and was coming up right there. So a bug in the fpit driver itself. Anyone else having this problem? And what about the right-click? Is that a separate bug?

Thanks! I am pretty excited about getting it to work. I really do not like Windows and I am telling everyone that complains about Windows about Ubuntu!

Don

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Greetings all!

Good news. The latest fpit driver at launchpad.net seems to be working and the stylus tracking is much better. Download it at https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-updates/+packages?field.name_filter=&field.status_filter=p ublished&field.series_filter=lucid

The bad news is that at least for me, the click no longer seems to work.

Hope this helps anyone! And thanks for the help!

Don

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123