Thread: Directory share without login in

Beans

Directory share without login in

Hi,

I am sure that this is probably possible but I have no idea now to make this happen and this is my situation.

I just recently bought the patriot box office media player. It has the capability of accessing through an ethernet cable or wireless a network. I would like to create a share directory on my computer that is accessible from the media player. I am able to do this using samba without any problems but I have to be login to make this happen. I also have to start up samba manually every time I login but I know how to fix this so it will run as soon as I log in.

The directory that I am sharing are a common drive available to all computer user.

My question is how can I make those share directory available before I am even login or anybody else for that matter. In other words the computer is turn on and sitting at the log in screen. Is this possible ???

Please be specific with your response; because altough I have been using Ubuntu for the past 4 years I do not go under the hood very often if you know what I mean.

Thanks.

I was thinking that it might be useful to let people know the Ubuntu version I am using: Desktop Gnome, Ubuntu 9.10
    Last edited by snappy46; December 26th, 2009 at 02:57 AM.