Thread: No mouse during install

Beans

No mouse during install

Today I tried to install Ubuntu 8.04 on my computer. I was trying to set-up a dual boot with Windows XP Pro. The install was complicated because my mouse wouldn't work. I used the keyboard until Step 4, when I had to chose the disk allocation for each OS. Without the mouse I couldn't proceed. The mouse works fine in Windows. Is there a way around this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: No mouse during install

I find that all my hardware works all the time with Ubuntu, but I have come across instances where hardware recognition is a issue. If you are able to borrow another mouse until the installation process is finished, you might be able to solve the mouse recognition problem later.

Beans

Or use the alternate CD and you don't need to use your mouse during the installing process.
    In the world of Linux, who needs Windows and Gates...

Got most of my golden beans at an auction on eBay (with a couple of free drinks).

Beans

Hey im about 2 days new to ubuntu, recently i installed wine and Call of Duty 4: Modern W.... yet for some reason my mouse cannot click on anything... im unable to join a game using the mouse. In ubuntu i can click on anything just fine...

I want to remove my original(wireless)mouse and replace with a cord one, i hope that will resolve my problem, i hope for a command or something to help... i just don't know what to do!!!!
    Please Help Me.