Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Introductions Thread

hello all. I've been using Ubuntu since earlier this year, so far I like it. I'm an old Amiga enthusiast, still pushing an A1200T (pics in album) as my primary computer. Though for school, I needed something a bit more modern, so I got a netbook with Win7 Starter installed. I pretty much immediatly dumped ubuntu on an SD card (not the netbook version, don't like the desktop it has), shrank the win partition, added another ntfs, and a fat32, as well as ext4 for ubuntu, and 2 more for solaris and aros. (Last 2 I never did get working). So now I have WinXP, Win7, FreeDOS, and Ubuntu on one system. (Need 7 and XP for school, use Ubuntu because neither XP or 7 impress me much) AROS doesn't like AHCI, and Solaris insists on being on a primary partition, so I have 2 empties on there.
    So far I like it, just seems to lag behind the adobe browser stuff a bit, but nothing thats a big deal. (WTF is Adobe Air, anyway? Shockwave would be nice, but still run windows for that)
    Anyway, OpenOffice seems to work fine for homework, despite myriad request for e-mailed docs in MS works (which I sometimes send as a PDF instead, just to mess with ppl), firefox works with most sites, and pidgin does all I need it to. With one client. Seems to work better than the win version, though that could just be me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Heya folks -

Kinda new to the whole Linux thing. It all started when my ancient laptop, Methuselah, decided that winXP was just too much and borked all over himself. So a colleague said to try Linux. I looked at different distros for a couple of weeks and stumbled on Ubuntu 9.10. Which I picked solely because "Ubuntu" is fun to shout at people.

Beans

Hello,

My name is Paul. I'm a recovering MS-aholic. I moved to Birch Bay from Fremont CA about 5 years ago. I am in awe and wonder of Linux dudes and dudettes. I worked in IT at various companies for about 10 years mostly in Windows environments. My last couple of years were spent along side of some serious Unix database and system admins. I am really loving Linux because basically anything that can be imagined, can be done in the Linux environment (albeit with some pain). I am looking forward to leaching your brains.

Nice to meet you all! I've just moved to the South King County area and I am very excited to find so many Ubuntu users in the area. I look forward to collaborating and learning new things. If you can recommend anything I should see/do in the area please let me know.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Howdy, howdy! I'm Paul Williams. I moved out to Olympia (from Columbus, Ohio, where I was involved in the Ohio LoCo in high school) to attend Evergreen. I'm excited to start working with you all (once I wrap up the end of this quarter...)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Greetings, all. I live and work in Bellingham (hello up there, lafaverp!). I have used Ubuntu off and on since version 6 and have finally committed to making it my default platform. Sadly, I still have to dual boot into winxp occasionally for work reasons, but I have imported my life into Evolution, so this will hopefully keep me on the straight and narrow. I'm really happy with 10.10 so far!

Greg

Beans

I'm Adam Monsen. I've been using Ubuntu for a few years now. I live in Seattle.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by meonkeys View Post
    I'm Adam Monsen. I've been using Ubuntu for a few years now. I live in Seattle.
    Welcome! As you can see the forums aren't terribly active yet. Join us on irc i you're so inclined, there are usually a few people in the channel. And check out the mailing list archives https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-wa/ for current planning efforts.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Hello everyone! My name is Thomas and I live in Tacoma. I've been using Linux since 2003 and moved over to Ubuntu in 2007.

I utilize UNIX and Linux distributions for servers and desktops, most notably FreeBSD, Arch, Debian and Ubuntu. It has proved a huge boon to my web development practices and I have learned a lot about the inner workings of 'nix and how it interacts with hardware.

Currently I am part of the Ubuntu Beginners Team, Development Focus Group.
    Ubuntu User #17241

Beans

I live in Olympia and am new to Ubuntu. hoping to see more action on this forum. Anyone throwing a party for the new release?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast