Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't Post comments in forums

Beans

Re: Can't Post comments in forums

Thank you @Chris, @Rex and @Iowan for all the suggestions.
    Let me repeat my problems so that you could help me -

1) I can't post comments here in this forum and also on other web-forums ( I visited) from FIREFOX 3.0.17 browser; though I can do the same from Opera 10.10 browser and from Google chrome browser.

2)I have Sun Java and Javascript installed in my system and also got Adobe flash player installed.

3) I also can't check "YAHOO Mail" from any of the browser I have got.

4) Also I can't edit my profile in few websites ( though I can view them).

5) Are these symptoms related to "Shockwave Player"?

Kindly suggest some remedies.

Finally, I have tried to post in this forum only when I am signed in.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Iowan View Post
    I've never needed to install additional software to post to the forums. I've had problems staying logged in if I shut off cookies, and the posting icons don't work without Java/Javascript.
    That save/open option for "newreply.php" sounds unusual...

usually that means there is no handler for that extension type, so it is treated as a binarywrite() instead of a redirect or transfer. happens to some folks with ASP occasionally, if the browser doesn't recognize how to render an aspx.
    Last edited by doas777; February 5th, 2010 at 06:39 PM.
    Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.

Beans

Post Re: Can't Post comments in forums

I want to say that I have the exact same problem when I try to post here from my Windows host. I cannot post from Firefox or MSIE, but I can post from Opera or Chrome. I can post to all other forums I know of with any browser, it is only Ubuntuforums.org that I have problems with.

From my Ubuntu host, I can post here with FF, Opera, and Chrome.

When I try to post from Win with FF or MSIE, it tells me that my message "must be greater than 0 bytes" and it has blanked out whatever I typed in the Message: box.

Tim

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by tanics View Post
    1) After sometime the browser send me "newreply.php" - 0 bytes; it ask me to save or open it?
    This almost sounds as if your browser is trying to download the web page instead of displaying it. Are you left-clicking or right-clicking?
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans

@lisati after I click the left mouse button pointing over to "Submit Reply" the above mentioned problems happens.

@doas777 your explanation seems most convincing to me. Can you suggest some remedies; also help me with "yahoo mail problem".

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

not on the client. I'm sure if you dug into firefox deep enough, and knew what you were doing you could clear it up. I would just reinstall firefox though. your experience is not normal, so hopefully a code refresh will take care of it.
    Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

i had this same problem, but it just magically fixed itself...........spooky!

Beans

Post Re: Can't Post comments in forums

I have recently had the same problem with Firefox 3.6 on Karmic. So, I dug into it and found that clearing the browser cache helps, at least temporarily. It also fixed it on my Windows machine.

Tim

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

same problem
    linux user: #498107

Beans

I was seemingly able to post this morning, but the posts never actually showed up in the forum. I say seemingly because after I made the post, it took me to the next screen where it showed me my post was successful. However, I noticed that I couldn't find it in the forum where I posted it and running a search for it yielded no results. I also thought it was strange that the most recent post from each forum was "1 hour ago". That's really odd because people are always on here and posting. It seems to be working now though. Odd....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast