Thread: I can not install karmic and lucid alpha

Beans

I can not install karmic and lucid alpha

Hi friends

I had a problem with karmic installation on my compaq 615.when I try to install it I can't get the boot screen after selecting install ubuntu or install without changing your computer.I only see a black screen and after few minutes the dvd drive stop spinning.I tried lucids first alpha and ıt was same.what you advice me to do...

Beans

Re: I can not install karmic and lucid alpha

ok,i think your cd is bad, had you had another cd try?
    I love this!!

Beans

Re: I can not install karmic and lucid alpha

On my Dell Studio 1535, 9.04 was OK, but 9.10 and Lucid don't boot or boot very slowly. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/404899

I don't know whether this is the same as the problem with your laptop, as your laptop is quite different from mine.

Advice:
    1) turn off "quiet splash" in the boot options and then see at what stage the boot process stops.
    2) use another computer to boot Karmic/Lucid and create a bootable USB stick, and see if that works in your Compaq laptop.

Beans

Angry Re: I can not install karmic and lucid alpha

when you were answering this I was updating my bios so I checked my ati driver version and I see it was updated too.I started to install karmic .Isucced to boot from cd but a bit slowly and then I installed succesfully .When I try to boot new karmic installation I saw a big black screen again .I don't know where was the mistake