Thread: Openoffice Question.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Openoffice Question.

I have a question for you guys, can you install OpenOffice on Ubuntu Studio? I searched google and the only turn ups mentioned that US crashes when you try and install OpenOffice. I want to start making DIY beats, but I need a word processor for school. And if you have any recommendations, they are all well welcome.

Thanks guys.

Beans

Re: Openoffice Question.

Most of the complaints I see relate to 9.04, whether 9.10 has the same issue, I don't know but you could try it.

If it is simply a word processor you need, you could try Abiword, which is a pretty capable application and can deal with many of the major file formats.

There are others.

Another option might be to stick with plain vanilla Ubuntu and add the applications that you find in Ubuntu Studio.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I've been using open office on Ubuntu Studio since 7.something and never had a crash from anything.

I geuss there is a possibility that OO in combination with one or other of the multi-media applications could be too much for some machines, but, as I said, I have never had a problem.

Suck it and see...
    Michael

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have no need for a real time kernel, but so far haven't read that openoffice wouldn't run on that.

If it doesn't run well, it can always be removed again, so install it and check.

Ubuntu Studio uses the exact same repos as any other variant. Same procedure.
    One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, speak a few reasonable words...