Thread: GDM2 Configuration Tool

Beans

Re: GDM2 Configuration Tool

Have you tried it with another theme?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I allready "fixed" the theme.Now I changed the theme alltogether.But nowI'm getting this:
    yui@ubuntu:~$ chmod a+x gdm-setup.py
    yui@ubuntu:~$ gksu ./gdm-setup.py
    Traceback (most recent call last): File "./gdm-setup.py", line 305, in <module>
    ConfigWindow()
    File "./gdm-setup.py", line 159, in __init__
    self.showUserList.set_active(True)
    AttributeError: 'ConfigWindow' object has no attribute 'showUserList'
    yui@ubuntu:~$
    Could someone explain step by step how to install this.Must be doing something wrong here.
    h,like I said before,I allready changed my splash and gdm before using this:HowTO: Comprehensive Guide to Customising GDM and XSplash - Ubuntu Forums
    I changed everything back to default,also changed automatic login back to show users list (which gave the above error),made a starter pointing to the file but now it sais it needs to be opened as root.
    Last edited by dzon65; December 28th, 2009 at 09:34 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ok,managed to get the configuration panel to open when taking root of the file.But I tried several size backgrounds and they all show very fuzzy.

Beans
    Hidden!

You also may want to realize that someone may not have the image in their xsplash directory:

Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "./gdm-setup.py", line 327, in <module>
        ConfigWindow()
      File "./gdm-setup.py", line 183, in __init__
        self.PreviewThumb.set_from_pixbuf(gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file(GetWallpaper()).scale_simple(150,150,gtk.gdk.INTERP_BILINEAR))
    glib.GError: Failed to open file '/usr/share/images/xsplash/bg_2560x1600.jpg': No such file or directory
    Last edited by Psumi; December 28th, 2009 at 10:33 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

About that blurred background,I noticed on the shot there's an option to blur...which I don't have.Seems to be blurred all the time.[IMG]file:///tmp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

Beans

Hey dzon65:

I updated the script yesterday so try redownloading. With regards to themes, it should detect any themes in /usr/share/themes/ so if they're in there (and valid!) it should work.

If you want to do a screenshot - I recommend uploading it to somewhere like http://imgur.com/ and then you can use the "img" tags to link to it that way.

Everyone else:
    Glad it's of use , any patches/fixes you guys want made either post the changes here or attach a diff or stick it up on http://pastebin.com/ or somewhere.

Regards.

Beans

Tried with my custom theme created in Appearance settings using bits, pieces and colors from standard themes. Saved theme, checked location in themes folder, still can't use it.

edit: my apologies- it is not in the theme folder. Don't know where the "Save As" button saves it, but not the theme folder.

edit2: your script also seems to delete changes made using "$gksudo -u gdm dbus-launch gnome-appearance-properties". Might want to check that
    Last edited by warriorpoet; December 29th, 2009 at 04:20 PM.

Beans

warriorpoet:

If you've made a custom theme it stores it in ~/.themes and if needs to go into /usr/share/themes to be accessible for GDM as far as the script is concerned.

With regards to the deletion of existing changes, I've looked through my code and can't see what/where/how I'd delete any existing changes except for when they're altered in the GUI whereupon they're committed immediately.

What does it delete your end? I tried your snippet here and got
    Code:
    I/O error : No such file or directory
    spewed at me and it loaded two Accessibility panel icons so I decided not to change anything!

Beans

Question Re: GDM2 Configuration Tool

Even on the risk of sounding stupid: Where to download? I cannot find a link.

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm guessing you're never going to fix that issue I brought up (Which should be fixed.)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast