Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How to set up a Trust graphics tablet on ubuntu karmic.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: How to set up a Trust graphics tablet on ubuntu karmic.

victorgb: In the wiki you can find all the necessary information: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/TabletSetupWizardpen . Read the first part (as of March 2010...) because it corresponds to the last version of Ubuntu. Maybe you're lucky and just installing the package from DoctorMo's repository your tablet works at the first attempt.

I also have a tablet identified as WP8060U but am having problems to make it work in the last version of Ubuntu.

Beans

oh my goodness, it just works. out of the box, no tuning, everything works perfektly, even better than on my windows machine w/ the manufacturers driver (regarding pressure sensity). thank you guys so much!

only question remains, how to configure the "hotkeys" on the pad?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

oh my goodness, it just works. out of the box, no tuning, everything works perfektly, even better than on my windows machine w/ the manufacturers driver (regarding pressure sensity). thank you guys so much!

only question remains, how to configure the "hotkeys" on the pad?
    As far as I know for tablets that have hot keys around the edges, as mine does they dont work, and I'm not sure you can get them working under linux/ubuntu unless some one knows something I don't, although I have to say I have never actually used those keys, even when I tested the tablet under windows.
    " It darkle's tinct tint, all this,our fun animal world "
    The shed and beyond.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hello to all I have not posted in a looooong time.

I have been with Ubuntu from 6.04 just had to dump windows.
    Anyway this the first time I have been stuck in a long time.
    I have a genius mousepen 8 x 6 recognized in my system as WP8060U.
    I have tried many instructions but with no avail.
    Any suggestions how to start over. Is there a .deb download for this
    tablet of mine ? its a fairly common one it worked well in 9.10.

Kind regards
    Victor
    South Africa
    read the first post in this thread, as of lucid you only need to add the repo and then install using synaptic, then you can edit a file for extra tweaking if you feel the need.
    The shed and beyond.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

techno-mole: Finally I've been able to solve it through many try/error tests. It was caused because my tablet isn't recognized as a tablet but as a pointer, so the rules at /usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-wizardpen.conf didn't work.

Here it's the link to the solution submitted on LaunchPad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/wizardpen/+bug/576610 .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Glad you got it sorted out, it is a lot easier (imo) in lucid to get the wizardpen driver installed and configured in a way that's easy for most to do.

I do think that those of us that don't use wacom tablets should maybe try and at least pool what we know, even if it is just from experience (I know very little about udev rules and the like, but I can test) the more people that decide to go with a wacom tablet (which is up to them) the harder it will be for those of us that use non wacom tablets.

The main reason I went with my tb-6300 was because of the price, it cost me £50 new, the nearest wacom that had the same features as the tb-6300 was over around £100, which when you have kids (like I do) is a lot to shell out, so the tb-6300 was the best deal.

I don't like the idea of people having to pay more for a peripheral just so they can get it working on a Linux system, and again the more support for devices there is (wacom included) the more people will see Ubuntu/Linux as a viable option for an os that isn't windows.

Cheers
    The shed and beyond.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi kuckie,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

In Lucid HAL and the .fdi files are no more. The .fdi's are replaced by .conf's in xorg.conf.d.

Did you install the Ubuntu package xserver-xorg-input-wizardpen 0.7.3-1ubuntu1 through Synaptic Package Manager or was it preinstalled.

Since configuration is through .conf files in xorg.conf.d or in xorg.conf check to see if there is wizardpen.conf supplied by the package. I should be in "/usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.d/". Post it's name, location and contents and we can see if we can add the options you need to it. If that fails we can do it through the xorg.conf.

Hope this helps.
    Then, how can i configure the ScreenX and ScreenY Options? (before they were in /etc/hal/fdi/policy/99-x11-wizardpen.fdi)

Actually, when i draw a square in the tablet, in the screen i see a rentangle

The options TopX, TopY, BottomX and BottomY work perfect in 70-wizardpen.conf file. I tried to add options ScreenX and ScreenY, but dont work. I think that these options dont exists

Thanks

(I have Unbuntu 10.04 amd64)
    Last edited by Pernilio; June 11th, 2010 at 06:55 AM.

Beans

Smile Re: How to set up a Trust graphics tablet on ubuntu karmic.

I have Trust tb-6300 It work for me too

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345