Thread: Acer Revo 1600 video tearing in xbmc.

Beans

Acer Revo 1600 video tearing in xbmc.

Hey everyone first post here.

I have an acer revo running the latest version of ubuntu (9.10) and xbmc. I have quite a bit of video tearing running 720p videos. This happens mostly with fast moving action.

I am running the revo though HDMI to a 42" plasma tv with a 1080p resolution. All of the latest drives for nvidia have been installed that I know of ( I installed the ones it prompted me to install, I have the nvidia setup manager.

I have VDPAU setup and no ofter video settings that I can think of turned on in settings (vertical syncing etc). I have no desktop effects turned on.

I have 1gb of ram inside the machine with the vram set to 256mb, I have hear it plays okay with these settings.

If you need anymore info please let me know. I have been struggling for days and the only fixes I have found have been for the higher end revo now the 1600.

Beans

Re: Acer Revo 1600 video tearing in xbmc.

perfectly good point, yt over a year without a reply youve probably realised urself, linux is for c*nts and it makes u want to blow ur brains out. if ever u have to use it, ulll agree with me that it is for people 'who hate windows but who cant afford a mac'.

****. my. life