• I don't really care / I haven't thought about it enough

14 5.98%
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Climate Change

Beans

Re: Global Climate Change

Quote Originally Posted by blur xc View Post
    +1 to that

Global warming / climate change is just leverage to make people rich and/or give them more power. Take both of those incentives away and you wouldn't see it on the evening news anymore. The problem may or may not persist, but it won't be an issue on the ballot.

Hasn't anyone followed the news regarding the climatologists email getting hacked? Proof that they were exaggerating data and all that jazz?

BM

edit- in before it's closed
    I believe the US signed but did not ratify it because it didn't get through Congress. Likely because the US care more about money than the world!

Go to a Pacific Island and ask them if Climate Change is real.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSonic4 View Post
    I believe the US signed but did not ratify it
    to the best of my knowledge they did not sign and are completely ignoring the protocol.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Warming and Cooling trends exist. No one denies that. I believe the boiled down deal is this, how much did we speed up the cycle.

I believe that the evidence shows that we sped the cycle up a lot. But, I also believe that the planet has been around a lot longer than we have, and that it will be here long after we are gone. So, the ethical and moral issue is, what kind of planet do we want to live on while were here. Take warming and cooling out of the picture, it still makes sense to have a clean environment to live in; there is no defense for trashing the earth.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by inobe View Post
    to the best of my knowledge they did not sign and are completely ignoring the protocol.
    Nah they signed but aren't going to ratify it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyoto_P...#United_States

Therefore the signing is largely symbolic

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

It happens in cycles about every ~10,000 years. Yea I believe pollution has speed it up earlier by say a thousand years sooner. But it would happen anyway.
    No offense to anyone, but what I want is the CNN footage of all the mexicans running 'back" across the boarder this time.. hehe
    Linux User: 380654
    CIW Certified Internet Web Professional: 435668

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSonic4 View Post
    Nah they signed but aren't going to ratify it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyoto_P...#United_States

Therefore the signing is largely symbolic
    much appreciated for the information.

about the only sense i get from this besides insulting scientists around the world is that the u.s. is far more dependent on fossil fuels, that mixed with oil companies campaigns against global warming/ climate change produces a much clearer picture.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by inobe View Post
    much appreciated for the information.

about the only sense i get from this besides insulting scientists around the world is that the u.s. is far more dependent on fossil fuels, that mixed with oil companies campaigns against global warming/ climate change produces a much clearer picture.
    It is not helped by having it in the Northern Hemisphere's winter. I read a story today about masses of snow in the US and Canada. What is not understood is that Climate Change can mean parts of the world get cooler (hence why it's climate change and not global warming - science is about progression and questioning itself. If parts of the world gets cooler this means it's misleading to name it global warming)

Also, it's my opinion that the US has long has it's own agenda - climate isolationism if you will. Unfortunately this is a global problem and the US is a big emitter of CO2

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Global Climate Change global cooling normal trend

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-prepared.html

a cooling trend will start and then you will wisk there was more co2 in the air to warm things up!
    what this all tells me is no one knows the future and people who tell you otherwise have agendas to pursue.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Global Climate Change global cooling normal trend

Quote Originally Posted by sdowney717 View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-prepared.html

a cooling trend will start and then you will wisk there was more co2 in the air to warm things up!
    what this all tells me is no one knows the future and people who tell you otherwise have agendas to pursue.
    read post #47

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Sure it's predominately man-made. And yes it's true when someone said here that climate change has started till dinosaur epoch, but if you make a simple mathematic calculation you can find that, from dinosaur epoch till non industrialized era, the clime changed very very slowly, I mean in million of years, and if you see how much it has changed in this last 60 years.... you can clearly understand that its predominately man-made. How can we deny this?
    The trouble with computers, of course, is that they are very sophisticated idiots.

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast